VSO Thailand/Burma programme is looking for an Administrative Officer to work until 31st March 2013 (fixed term), starting as soon as possible. The post will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the Thai/Burma programme office.
Salary will be Baht 38,317 (all inclusive) per month, applicable to local tax deductions.
Job description with person specification attached.
Please send your CV together with a short paragraph saying why you think you are suitable for this post. Please send in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for this post is 5pm Thailand time on 14th May 2012.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Office Manager
(Given the nature of the job, the person will be reporting to other senior managers for specific tasks assigned to them) in consulting with Office Manager.
PURPOSE OF POST: Responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the Thai/Burma programme office
1. Volunteer support and management
• Work with the Office Manager to ensure volunteers have proper visa and other legally required documentation, and assisting where necessary with logistical arrangements for visa runs, etc.)
• Set up and maintain accurate volunteer and partner files
• Lead with support from the programme teams in supporting the coordination and logistical arrangements for volunteer in-country training—e.g. venue, dates, invitations, accommodation and food, follow up, resource people, etc.
• Ensure any query from volunteers is answered and followed up in the absence of the relevant Mangers
• Assist the Programme Manager with the preparation of new placement documentation
• Ensure starfish database is updated with correct information on volunteers.
• Ensure that information on Volzone (VSO intranet) is updated at all times
2. Support for programmes activities
• Provide logistical and administrative support for all programme office activities—e.g. awareness-raising forums, research, workshops, conferences, exchange visits, training courses, etc. This will involve preparation of budgets, service agreements, invitation letters, and logistical arrangements such as venues, accommodation, travel, etc.
• Administer any programme activities as assigned by the Managers—i.e. maintaining database of activities, overseeing decision-making process, arranging payments, monitoring activities and expenditure, reviewing final reports, etc.
• Arrange for the translation, publication, and distribution of appropriate materials arising from the project—e.g. training manuals
3. Programme review, learning and planning
• Keep records of programme activities.
• Collate and review information for programme and admin teams for their analysis and reporting
• Maintain databases as and when requested by the Managers.
4. Financial management
• Maintain offline Excel sheets for monitoring project funding.
• Review programme and admin related expenditure (e.g. volunteer expense claims, financial reports from trainers) before submission to the Finance Officer.
• Ensure proper supporting documentation is available and neatly filed.
• Being able to travel to partners and volunteers and represent the programme office in the absence of the Programme Manager and Office Manager
• Attend meetings and participate in events as requested by the Managers
• Be an active member of the wider VSO Thailand / Burma team, participating in various activities and processes extending beyond the programme.
• Be prepared so provide support and take additional responsibility as required in the event of emergencies or absences of colleagues.