Request for Proposals
Independent Agencies-Awareness Raising Events
DAI (Thailand) Ltd. seeks a qualified organization to conduct 7 public meetings to raise awareness of (a) roles and responsibilities of independent agencies [IAs] including the National Anti-Corruption Commission, Election Commission of Thailand and The Office of the Auditor General, and (b) the need for collaboration among these organizations with civil society groups to promote good governance and strengthening of Thai democracy. This work will be granted under the USAID-funded Sapan Program.
Three (3) meetings will be held in Bangkok on the themes of (a) IAs and Civil Society Relations; (b) IAs and Media Relations and (c) the Private Sector and Government Oversight. Approximately 100 persons will attend each event.
In addition, one meeting on IAs and Civil Society Relations at the Local Level will be held in each of Chiang Mai, Phitsanulok, Khon Kaen and Ubon Ratchathani Provinces. Approximately 75 persons will attend each event.
Objective: Organize and manage 7 public meetings.
Tasks: The selected organization will complete the following tasks:
1. Plan and organize meetings in Bangkok (3) and in four provinces.
2. Draft participant lists and invite persons to attend each event.
3. Conduct the discussion sessions.
Proposals: Interested organizations should submit proposals [maximum 8 pages] including the following information:
1. Cover letter, with address details, contact information and contact person [1 page].
2. Organizational profile, including management structure and staff expertise in related areas of work [3 pages].
3. Qualifications, presenting similar projects undertaken as lead firm in last five years, include information on tasks and outputs, client reference information, and period of engagement [1 page].
4. Method and technical approach, describing how you will conduct the required tasks, including explanation of roles and responsibilities of all persons proposed for the work [3 pages].
5. Detailed timeline for completing the two (2) tasks noted above.
6. Clear and detailed budget estimates for all labour, travel, administrative and management costs and material costs necessary to complete all tasks [not included in proposal page limits].
Proposals will be assessed on both technical and cost merits. Do not include attachments or promotional documents with your submission. Note that this enlistment does not in any way commit DAI (Thailand) Ltd. to award a grant or enter into partnership with any organization.
DAI (Thailand) Ltd. will host a bidder’s conference to answer questions regarding this RFA. The bidder’s conference will be held at 14:00 hours on Friday, 25 May 2012 at the following address: 12th Floor, Room 1203, GPF Witthayu Towers, Tower B, 93/1 Witthayu Road, Bangkok.
Electronic submissions are encouraged, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Independent Agencies-Awareness Raising Events” in the subject line. Written submissions should be delivered to the address above in a sealed envelope with attention to “Sapan Operations Manager.” All submissions are due by 16:00 hours on Friday, 15 June 2012. Only short-listed organizations will be contacted.