Save The Children UKPosition Title:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION and ACCOUNTABILITY CONSULTANTLOCATION:
Bangkok and field POST TYPE:
Consultant Duration of Consultancy
: 25 daysChild Safeguarding:
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young peopleROLE PURPOSE:
The purpose of this post is to make sure that cash transfer program post distribution monitoring are conducted using qualitative and quantitative research tools to gather data are compiled and analyze. Capture lessons learned of the project to see the outcome and impact of the project to target groups in the flood affected areas of Thailand ensuring that the experience will be shared across the Country Program.
The ME&A is line manage by FSL Advisor as in charge of emergency food security and livelihoods projects for vulnerable household affected by floods. Prior to the data gathering the ME&A should develop the PDM tools in close coordination with FSL Advisor. Train PDM enumerators ensuring data gathered are of quality standard, the target respondents and sampling locations should be discussed and agreed by FSL Advisor and or other Sector leads if required. Writes CTP post distribution monitoring (PDM) reports including refinement of the previous PDM report on relief distribution. SCOPE OF ROLE: Reports to:
FSL Advisor Dimensions: Staff directly reporting to this post:
NoneKEY AREAS OF Responsibilities:
Specify type and range of tasks As ME & A Consultant :
- Develop the PDM tools for qualitative and quantitative research in close coordination with different Sector Leads and target respondents and sampling locations should be discussed and agreed by FSL Advisor, the Emergency PM and other Sector leads.
- Train PDM enumerators ensuring data gathered are of quality standard.
- As ME&A Consultant you will manage PDM team and lead in the data collection, review the quality of data collection, verify accuracy through proper supervision and compile all the data gathered for analysis
- Documentation of lessons learnt in field sites, ensuring that the experience will be shared across the Country Program.
- Writes cash transfer post distribution monitoring (PDM) reports including refinement of the existing PDM report of the relief distribution.
- Do other task as required by the line manager with in the duration of the Consultancy assignmentDuration of Consultancy:
25 days (Consultant should submit work plan and consultancy package). Below are the target timeframe with some flexibility on activities if required.
- 2 days development of PDM tools
- 2 days Training to PDM Enumerators
- 10 days data gathering and data analysis
- 6 days writing of reportsQUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Agriculture, Livelihoods or any relevant field with Master's Degree preferred but not required. Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience in ME & accountability may be considered in lieu of a Master's Degree
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in leading the Monitoring and Evaluation of food security and livelihoods projects implementation both in emergency and development
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
• Excellent IT [Microsoft Office] skills and data processor using excel or other software for data analysis
• Ability and willingness to travel to all parts of the country
• Flexible with ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with teams, in emergencies
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai
Qualified candidate please urgently send your application and CV to email@example.com
, please indicate in the subject that “apply for MONITORING AND EVALUATION and ACCOUNTABILITY CONSULTANT”
Shortlisted will be call for interview. Closing date: 18th May 2012