Malteser International is a German non-governmental organization providing humanitarian assistance and development aid for people in need in over 20 countries. Malteser International is currently working with temporary refugee shelters and surrounding villages in Sob-Moei district, Mae Hong Son province in Thailand. Our office located in Mae Sariang is looking for an efficient, motivated and experienced Thai national for the position as Reproductive & Child Health Supervisor.Reproductive & Child Health Supervisor Duty Station: Mae Sariang town, Mae Hong Son provinceWork locations:
Mae Saring, Sob Moei District (Mae La Ma Luang and Mae La Oon Temporary shelters)Main Responsibilities/Duties
1. Conduct and assess results of trainings
2. Lead Midwives and Volunteers in bedside teachings
3. Revise/develop curriculum for training provided to TBAs.
4. Supervise RCH activities: a) ANC, PNC and Safe Delivery; b) Referral of obstetric emergencies
5. Facilitate the setting-up of Mother Support Groups
6. Handle recording of data
7. Provide monthly reports to RCH Coordinator
8. Issue delivery records
9. Assist the RCH Coordinator in any research undertaking of the RCH componentEssential Qualifications/Skills:
1. Bachelor in Nursing Science and Midwifery
2. Minimum 3 years’ experience in obstetric nursing (preferred) or women and child health care
3. At least 3 years of experience working in rural areas
4. Fluency in Sgaw Karen [listening, speaking, writing]
5. Basic knowledge of spoken, written English/ Thai not required but an asset
6. Computer Skills
7. Ability to work in limited resources settings and under pressurePossible starting date: as soon as possible.Deadline for Application: 28 May 2012
Please note: This is a re-advertisement. No need for previous applicants to resubmit their application.
Candidates should submit their application including CV, photo, copy of educational certificates, references and expected salary to: Malteser International, 234 Moo 12, Lang Panit Road, Ban Kard Sub-District, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son, 58110Or submit by email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgOnly short listed candidates will be notified for test and personal interview.