Position: Program Coordinator for HIV prevention among MSM & TG
Reports to: Program Manager
Works with: PSI Program Staff, partner NGOs, technical advisors, health care providers
Employment Classification: Full-time
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting HIV, reproductive health, malaria and child survival. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. PSI Thailand is a local, non-profit foundation that is registered in Thailand and a member of the Population Services International global network. For more information, please visit: www.psi.org
With support from the United States Agency for International Development, PSI and partner organizations are implementing a behavior change communication program to prevent HIV, TB and malaria in the Greater Mekong sub-region. In Thailand, the program provides a comprehensive package of HIV prevention, counseling and testing, and care and support services to people who are most at-risk of HIV, with a focus on men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender (TG) people. The MSM & TG program focuses on building the capacity of community-based organizations (CBOs) to deliver a comprehensive package of HIV/AIDS prevention services to MSM and TG, with the objective of developing them into centers of excellence.
PSI Thailand seeks a dynamic team player to fill the position of Program Coordinator—MSM/TG. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator--MSM/TG works closely with community-based groups and technical advisors to:
• Improve and expand the range of HIV/AIDS prevention services provided to MSM and TG;
• Provide oversight and coordinate technical assistance to program partners in Chiang Mai, Bangkok and Pattaya;
• Support the development of demonstration and learning sites for the delivery of HIV/AIDS prevention services, with well-documented strategies, activities, standard operating procedures and achievements that can be replicated by others;
• Create an enabling environment for HIV/AIDS prevention among MSM and TG, by developing support for their health and human rights among health providers, government officials and law enforcement officers at the local, district and provincial levels.
The Program Coordinator’s main responsibilities include:
• Providing administrative and programmatic support to PSI Thailand’s partner sites in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Pattaya;
• Coordinating with PSI Thailand colleagues, program partners and consultants to provide technical assistance and support to program partners in the areas of behavior change communication, peer outreach, referral to HIV counseling and testing and STI treatment, condom distribution, linkages to care and support, program monitoring & evaluation, financial management, and organizational development;
• Supporting efforts in reduction of stigma and discrimination of MSM, TG and PLWHA; sustainable livelihoods for PLWHA; and community mobilization to support the above;
• Monitoring program performance in terms of health impact, behavior change, and achievement of program deliverables and compliance with established workplans;
• Assisting the Program Manager in programmatic and financial oversight and reporting to ensure that activities and expenditures are in line with the deliverables and budget that have been agreed with donors;
• Conducting regular field visits to support program implementation.
• Knowledge of and experience working in the field of HIV prevention, in particular among most-at-risk populations
• Experience in supervising/managing programs
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and team work skills
• Ability to work well with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Interest and capacity to work with community-based interventions
• Fluent Thai and fluent or near-fluent English
• 3 years of relevant experience and/or university degree in related field (management, health, social science)
• Willing to travel at short notice
The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. S/he will be a highly responsible, self-motivated, problem solver able to produce results quickly. S/he will have a passion for improving the health of vulnerable Thai people.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com
by 15 June 2012.