United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 06/2020
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
10 January 2020
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
24 January 2020
Mae Sot, Thailand
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Post As soon as possible until 31 December 2020
The Thailand operation along the border with Myanmar has reached a critical juncture wherein the realization of durable solutions for some 90,000 refugess has shifted beyond resettlement towards voluntary repatriation and other possible options. The Supply Assistant provides support to all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, warehousing.
The incumbent is directly supervised by the Admin Associate and receives regular techincal guidance and instructions from the supervisor and other high level supply and programme colleagues on successive steps. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisors on more complex issues. The incumbent may have contacts on a working level on specific issues with other UNHCR offices, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate perfoming the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources
Scope of Assignment
Accountability: ( Key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR deliver timely and quality goods and services to persons of concerns in compliance with supply chains rules and procedures.
Responsibility ( Process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
-Support warehosue management, assist with good & services deliveries and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in supply chain.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records on supply activites and provides reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase request.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders, and prepare purchase orders for approval as per instructions of senior supply staff or other line managers.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other assets information, periodically and when requested.
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capabiity for delivering goods and services.
- Ensure local liason to effectively support the supply activities
- Assist in the management of the storage of goods according to " best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capacity for delivering commodities and services
- Maintain vendors and item master database.
- determine routes and delivery schedules to meet demand in the most timely manner.
Monitoring and Process Controls
-UNHCR deliver timely and quality goods and services to persons of concerns in compliance with UNHCR supply chains rules and procedures.
Qualifications and Experiences Requirements
- Completion of the secondary education with post-secondary training /certifacate in Business Administration, Supply chain management and warehousing.
- Minimum of three (3) years previous relevant job experience
- Computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Fluency in English and Thai
- Knowledge of Administrtive/Financial rules, procedures, procurement processes in the context of UNHCR offices and field operations
- Knowledge of MRRP would be advantage.
Key Competencies Requirement
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to continuous learning
Client and result orientation
Cross Functional Competencies:
Planning and organizing
Please submit your Motivation Letter, duly signed P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to: THABAHR@unhcr.org by the closing date.
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org