Prevention was established by the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center (TRCARC) with the aim to conduct research on effective prevention of HIV/AIDS and related diseases and to develop efficient HIV/AIDS prevention and management strategies for key populations at national and international levels.
PREVENTION was first established as “Special Activity Group” in 2003 with the mission to conduct research on the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTC). With expansion of its scope, the group was renamed “Prevention Unit” in 2014 to reflect its central role and key focus in HIV prevention research.
Role Overview: The main purpose of this position is to work as a nurse on HIV/STIs and other health-related services and implementation research projects for key populations being conducted at The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre. The duties include but are not limited to: providing primary and preventive healthcare services in HIV/STIs and other health-related services for clients to receive appropriate assessment, maintaining medical records, managing follow-up appointments, administering medications and vaccines, and performing sample collection and cancer screening in accordance with proper standards under the technical direction of a physician. The nurse will also participate in implementation research projects in enrolling study participants, obtaining informed consent, completing study procedures, collecting samples, collecting data, and entering data to the system according to study protocols, based on good clinical practice principles.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Provide counseling for HIV/STIs and other health-related services to key-population clients and their partners.
2. Support research studies: To screen, enroll, and follow-up clients in the related studies. To perform assigned tasks related to the study procedures in compliance with the protocol.
3. Oversee data collection and management: To enter clients’ information into the database. To coordinate with the data team to ensure the completion and high quality of dataset.
4. Develop standard of procedures (SOPs)
5. Assist in participant recruitment, screening, enrollment, and follow-up for research projects
6. Adhere to organization’s research policies, regulations, GCP, and HSP.
7. To manage the medical supply inventory for clinic
8. Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen only
2. Bachelor degree of nursing science
3. Minimum 3 years of clinical experience or research experience
4. Good understanding and sensitivity to gender diversity, people living with HIV, and other vulnerable populations as well as good understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV and AIDS
5. Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS and STI Prevention
6. Actively keeping up to date with new knowledge and findings related to the field of HIV/STIs
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to email@example.com. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone:
02 252 9958 or visit our website at www.prevention-trcarc.org. Application Deadline: 30 April 2020 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org