Organization : Malaria Consortium Asia
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 25 Jul 2014
View : 34541
Deadline : / /
Job Title: Asia Finance Assistant
Reports To: Asia Finance and Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organisation works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
Country and Project Background:
The office in Bangkok, Thailand is the centre for the programmes in Asia region and serve as a regional office for Asia. The Malaria Consortium Asia office hosts the management team, Technical and programme team, and from finance perspective supports activities in Asia Region.
The Asia Finance Assistant (AFA) will support the finance activities in order to ensure high quality finance, administration, technical and programme management of MC Asia. The AFA objectives will be to support achievement of timely and accurate reporting (internal & external), sound financial management and provide seamless support to all offices in Asia Region.
1. Financial Accounting
• Prepare and maintain Asia books of accounts in accordance with MC Finance Management Policies and Procedures accurately and on a timely basis.
• Prepare the Asia monthly financial report to the regional office in line with Malaria Consortium monthly reporting checklist and timetable with all sub ledger reconciliation.
• Review all payments of supplier invoices, staff advances, staff expenses and other payments for payment approval in accordance with MC relevant standard policies and procedures.
• Keep all tracking for donor agreements, donor reports and others as per required for Asia region.
• Assist the Asia Finance and Operations Manager review all legal contract in accordance with MC relevant standard policies, procedures and budget for Asia region.
• Perform other related duties or support as required by Malaria Consortium Africa, Malaria Consortium Asia and Malaria Consortium UK office or any offices.
• Coordinate with each country finance manager for all requests to UK office and regional office.
2. Financial Systems Development
• Work with the Asia Financial and Operations Manager to improve financial systems in the Asia office, recommending change as part of the global MC improvement to provide timely and appropriate financial information to MC’s Budget Holders and donors.
3. Management Accounting
• Prepare regional financial reports for each donor/partner in coordination with technical reports in accordance to the donor/partner requirements; submit all reports to the Asia Finance and Operation Manager for review prior to submitting to the donor.
• Prepare and ensure monthly management accounts are reviewed and variances are acted on by budget holders; report to the Asia Finance and Operations Manager on the variances and the corrective action that will be taken.
• Assist the Asia Finance and Operation Manager to review donor report from country before submission.
• Prepare annual budgets, forecast and update cash flow projections for the Asia regional office.
• Develop new budget proposal.
4. Legal, security and Risk Management
• Work with the external auditors in to complete required statutory audits.
• Work with the Regional Finance and Operations Manager to ensure compliance with all local statutory law, including in-country taxation, pension legislation and insurance.
5. Human Resources
• Ensure that time sheets are completed by all staff in Asia Region on a monthly basis and prepare the summary in accordance with the monthly timetable.
• Assist Asia Finance and Operations Manager as requested for the country and region finance matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in overall functions of finance and accounting especially closing account with analysis and budget/forecast preparation, with at least one year in a managerial level in accounting/finance.
• High level of English, both written and spoken.
• MBA/Master degree is a plus.
• A Qualified accountant in a recognised global body e.g. CPA (Certified Public Auditor)
• Knowledge of non-governmental organisation financial reporting requirements to donors.
Work Based Skills and Competencies:
• Native speaker of Thai. Fluent in English, both written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and timely responsiveness.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
• Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
• Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good attitude, flexible, active, well-organised, independent and service-mind.
• Willing to learn and adapt.
• Working knowledge of accounting software.
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
Length of contract: Permanent.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit cover letter, CV and quote the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope or email should be marked Job Application – Asia Finance Assistant
Malaria Consortium Asia, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, 420/6 Rajavidhi Road, Ratchathewee District, Bangkok 10400 Thailand, www
21 Aug 2019