Organization : HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 29 Jul 2014
View : 6736
Deadline : / /
Project Manager Vacancy
Position: Project Manager (one open position)
Handicap International (HI) is seeking one Project Manager, base at Mae Sot, Tak province.
Closing date: 20th July, 2014
Handicap Internaitonal (HI) reserves its right not to accept applications submited after the deadline. Only short – listed candidates will be contacted for writing test and interview. HI reserves it’s right to contact any short-litsed candidates before closing date.
Handicap International is an international organisation specialised in the field of disability. Non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non-profit making, it works alongside people with disabilities, offering them assistance and supporting them in their efforts to become self-reliant. Since its creation, the organisation has set up programmes in approximately 60 countries and intervened in many emergency situations.
Handicap International in Thailand is currently supporting projects along the burma/Thailand border focusing on three thematics as follow:
• Rehabilitation Project: provision of functionnal rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities or impairments in five temporary shelters (Tak and Mae Hong Son provinces) ,
• Disability and Social Inclusion Project: Social inclusion of People with Disabilities & mainstreaming disability into humanitarian services in three temporary shelters (Tak province) and
• Mine Risk education Project; activities in nine temporary shelters (Tak, Mae Hong Son, Ratchaburi and Kanchanabui province)
The Project Manager position: Under the responsibility of the Thailand Site Coordinator (TSC), the Project manager is responsible for Project Cycle Management, Human resources management , Financial Management, Communication and Collaboration with other stake holders.
Specific Tasks: Responsibilities;
1. Monitor M&E framework including planning and budget management in the site
Aim: To ensure the project is run according to HI and donor requirements and progress on a timely manner against the defined objectives
2. Monitor correct implementation of the partnership framework
Aim: To ensure that the framework defining the role and responsibilities of HI and the partners for the project implementation is in place .
3. Assist into project team management
Aim: To ensure that necessary resources are available for project implementation & that the team environment is conducive
4. Assist into the development of methodologies and tools for the project
Aim: To ensure that the technical framework for implementing project activities is in place, regularly adjusted based on lessons learnt and that the project team works in compliance with validated framework.
5. Collaborate to the project capitalization
Aim: To ensure that good practices under the project are identified and documented and are used for advocating towards people with disabilities inclusion
6. Contribute to the project communication
Aim: To, ensure that the project inputs into the programme communication strategy
7.Others: : Delegation: As per requirement of the project, the position might have to take some additional responsibilities delegated by the line manager depending upon need and urgency of the project.
Qualification required / DESIRED PROFILE
At least Bachelor degree in community development, and / or Management.
Bachelor degree in Physical or Occupational Therapy or Medical /Public Healt, is an advantage.
As Project management, HI not requires only the specialist on technical or physio-therapy, but highly requires person with management skills & experiences as belowing;
Knowledge and skills required:
- Good skills in production of written analytical reports.
- Strong interpersonnel and communication skills.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Working experience in INGOs, community or refugee context is an added value.
- Good skills of transmission of knowledge to the teams
- Comprehensive knoweledge on disability would be an advantage
- At least 3 years experience in Project management
- Professional experience preferably with Non-profit organizetion or community based organizations of which 2-3 years should be at Management level.
- Experience in Human resource and financial Management.
- Good Experience in training / capacity building.
Languages: Good level of written, reading and spoken English and Thai a must.
Knowledge of Karen or Burmese will be an advantage.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer.
People with Disabilities, women and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be expecting to comply with Handicap International’s Child Protection Policy.
Please address all applications (cover letter + CV + copy of Thai ID card & educational certificate ) to
Handicap International (HI)
Human Resources Manager
Contact person: Ms.Patcharanis Pedtae
9/243 Intarakiree Rd., Mae Sot Villa,
(P.O Box 58), Mae Sot District, Tak Province 63110.
21 Aug 2019