Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 4 Aug 2014
View : 6325
Deadline : / /
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 29/2014
Position Title: Senior Supply Assistant
Post Level: General Service (GS-5)
Post No.: 10017546
Report To: Assistant Regional Representative (Admin)
Section: Admin Unit
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contractual Status: Fixed-Term Appointment
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 04 August 2014
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement: 15 August 2014
Availability of the Post As soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
• Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
• Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent.
• Support warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
• Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
• Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
• Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
• Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility.
• Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
• Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
• Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
• Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
- Applicants must be Thai national.
- Completion of the Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP).
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics or warehousing.
Please submit your P11 form, Resume and Motivation Letter indicating the vacancy announcement number, position number and position title to THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of
the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
26 Jun 2019