Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Aug 2014
View : 6492
Deadline : / /
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 27/2014
Position Title: Civil Engineer
Post Level: -
Post No.: -
Report To: Senior Programme Officer, Bangkok
Section: Programme Unit
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contractual Status: Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
For 50 days over a 4-months period
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 05 August 2014
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement: 20 August 2014
Availability of the Post 25 August – 31 December 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Engineer will be based in Bangkok and will travel to Sadao, Songkhla province, to visit the construction site.
- The Engineer will essentially work from home but will have to report flexibly to the UNHCR Thailand Office (ESCAP Building, Bangkok) on a needs basis.
- The Engineer will represent UNHCR and interact with Architects, construction companies, suppliers, provincial/local authorities and, as required, with any entity that needs to be consulted or involved in the construction project.
- The Engineer will assess the preliminary design proposals of the Architects and will advise UNHCR on the quality, compliance with technical standards and cost effectiveness. The Engineer will clear technically the final products released by the Architects.
- Once the preliminary design is adopted the Engineer will continue working closely with the Architects and reporting to UNHCR on the design development phase, the detailed cost estimation phase, the bidding and construction document process, the bill of quantities and the submission to an authority for construction approval.
- The Engineer will prepare the technical documentation in English and Thai that is required to contract the services of Architects for the design development and subsequent phases of the project.
- The Engineer will prepare the technical documentation in English that is required to submit the construction project to the UNHCR Committee on Contracts.
- The Engineer will prepare the technical documentation that is required to enter the contract(s) with the selected construction company or suppliers.
- The Engineer will monitor the construction project and will prepare detailed progress reports to UNHCR.
- The Engineer will participate in briefings or guide visitors on the construction site.
Profile and qualification required:
- Thai national
- Civil Engineer diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience as a Civil Engineer in Thailand
- Previous experience in a humanitarian context is an asset
- Excellent functional English skills
- Good communication and coordination skills
Interested candidates are requested to submit P.11, Curriculum Vitae and Motivation letter, proposed daily professional fee in Thai Baht, availability, and contacts of 3 references to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of
the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
17 Jun 2019