Organization : International Labour Organization (ILO)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Aug 2014
View : 28877
Deadline : / /
Post Title: Administrative Assistant
Department/Unit Better Work Global Operations Bangkok
Post Level: GS-6
Duration: One-year fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension subject to
Duty Station: Bangkok
The following are eligible to apply:
- Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 15 and 16 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
Better Work is a unique partnership program between the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). Launched in February 2007, it aims to improve labour standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better Work involves the development of both global tools and country level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions which build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.
Improving labour standards in global supply chains is an important part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected helps distribute the benefits of trade. Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labour standards and national labour law. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labour standards from their suppliers. Improved labour standards also help enterprises be more competitive through higher productivity and quality. These benefits help build the business case and supplier support for improved labour standards.
For more information see www.betterwork.org
Under the direction of the BW Global Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the BW Buyer Relations Officer, the incumbent contributes to the implementation of the ILO Better Work Programme by providing administrative support to the buyers relation activities of the Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support on buyer partnership approval process which includes: information collection and review, data compilation, document drafting, progress tracking and liaising with relevant ILO departments.
2. Manage buyer registration queries including collecting information and responding to information needs/forms from buyers.
3. Act as focal point for buyers’ invoicing, payment and tracking. Assist buyers in all elements of this work, including accessing and working through the online buyer portal.
4. Produce quarterly report for Better Work on buyer subscriptions and financial information.
5. Help develop and contribute to improvement of buyer management tools, systems and processes (STAR and workspace). Share information and provide induction training and on-going support on these to buyer-focal points in country programmes.
6. Work closely with buyer focal points in country programmes to ensure consistency and good information sharing and coordination (including documenting and sharing best practice examples of countries engaging with buyers).
7. Organize internal/external meetings, foras, webinars, teleconferences and other events related to buyers. This will include handling logistics together with the preparation of invitation letters and other documents.
8. Maintain and update buyer contact information and lists and buyer sections on workspace (ensuring proper filing of all final documents, agreements etc).
9. Provide technical and basic design support in preparation and updating of basic buyer communication materials (e.g. PPTs, updates, leaflets etc).
10. Provide back-up for Geneva-based finance and administration staff in relation to buyer related issues.
11. Perform other administration related duties as may be assigned by Buyer Relations Officers (both Europe and Asia).
Education - Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical or university level courses in project management/administration or related fields.
Experience - At least 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
Languages - Excellent command of English and Thai.
1. Ability to use the tools required for the position, e.g. spreadsheets and database. Knowledge of practices and procedures for preparing administrative documents and maintaining databases and tracking systems.
2. Ability to use a range of office IT systems including databases and web-based filing and tracking systems.
3. Client Oriented with ability to provide courteous, prompt and efficient responses to internal and external clients.
4. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written;
5. Excellent organisational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, adapt to changing demands and manage a heavy workload under time pressure
6. Ability to compose correspondence and correct documents in accordance with established standard.
7. Ability to perform routine work with initiative and minimum supervision;
8. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
9. Strong analytical skills, ability to reason and make sound judgments;
10. Ability to work with confidential material and maintain high standards of ethical conduct;
11. Ability to work as part of a team, to cooperate, and collaborate with others in a multicultural environment.
12. Understanding of principles of non-discrimination and gender equality.
Note: All applicants must attach a 2 page statement addressing their claims against the required competencies. In doing this you should have a heading for each competency and explain in 2 -3 paragraphs how your skills and experience match the requirements. Applicants who do not attach this statement will not be considered for interview.
Conditions of employment:
Starting salary: THB 850,565 per annum
Allowances & benefits: Affiliation to the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund
Affiliation to the ILO-ITU Staff Health Insurance Fund
30 working days of annual leave
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications, including the competencies statement, to the Regional Human Resources Unit, International Labour Organization via e-mail to email@example.com by 14August 2014. This vacancy notice has been issued on the ILO website (http://www.ilo.org/asia/about/lang--en/index.htm). Only candidates under positive consideration will be notified. Short-listed candidates may be required to sit a written examination and an interview.
26 Jun 2019