Organization : IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 24 Sep 2014
View : 5278
Deadline : / /
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, was founded in 1948 and brings together over 1,100 members (States, government agencies, NGOs and affiliates) and some 11,000 scientists and experts from 181 countries in a unique worldwide partnership. Its mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable. Within the framework of global conventions IUCN has helped over 75 countries to prepare and implement national conservation and biodiversity strategies. IUCN has approximately 1,100 staff, most of whom are located in its regional and country offices while some 150 work at its Headquarters in Gland, Switzerland. IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.
Our mission: “To influence, encourage & assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity & diversity of nature & to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable & ecologically sustainable.”
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, is seeking a qualified individual to join our Regional Finance Unit.
1. Arrange petty cash replenishments and maintain agreed level of cash in hand for disbursements;
2. Prepare petty cash vouchers, obtain approval and make payments. Reconcile petty cash on daily basis for ARO. Act as custodian of petty cash imprest in Baht and USD;
3. Reconcile petty cash in excel sheet on daily basis, and on weekly basis the reconciliation should be printed & signed, and on monthly basis the printed and signed version should be accompanied with full supporting documents;
4. Reconcile staff advance and loan accounts of ARO accounts;
5. Provide assistance on reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts and of current account with country offices;
6. Prepare debit/ credit notes for country offices including Laos, Vietnam, Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan;
7. Coordinate with relevant staff for settling outstanding amounts under their loan/advance accounts on a monthly basis;
8. Check travel advances, travel claims and other settlement of advances and process journals in the system;
9. Receive cash from staff and third parties, process receipt vouchers and issue official receipt;
10. Provide information related to salary deductions and ensure staff loan and advances accounts are fully settled on exit clearance;
11. Assist Regional Finance Unit in the following tasks;
• Where required by the donor provide the relevant documents from files and photo copy/scan the supporting documents for project financial statements
• Prepare the documentation, make payments for workshop participants, and prepare disbursement statement;
• Enter data into the accounting system;
• Provide backup support to Accounts Officer;
12. Maintain an updated filing system of Project related, Country related and all accounting related files;
13. Perform other tasks that may be assigned by your line manager from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields;
• Preferably 1 to 2 years experience in a relevant position with an International Organization or an International NGO;
• Experience of working with Enterprise Resource Planning software will be an advantage. Exposure to/ familiarity with Microsoft Dynamic NAV ERP system will be a distinct advantage;
• Proficiency in using MS Office, Internet, E-Mail, etc.;
• Fluency in Thai and Good command in written and spoken English is essential;
• Ability to work effectively with diverse multicultural and multidisciplinary teams is essential.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at https://hrms.iucn.org/iresy/index.cfm?event=vac.show&vacId=890&lang=en.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified
women and men.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 01 October 2014
Salary is commensurate with experience.
IUCN offers an attractive benefit package.
Regional Human Resources Unit
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature
Asia Regional Office, 63, Soi Prompong, Sukhumvit 39
Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
Tel: 02 662 4029 Ext. 118; Fax: 02 662 4389
26 Jun 2019