Organization : UNHCR Regional Office in Bangkok, Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Oct 2014
View : 5032
Deadline : / /
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement no.35/2014
Position Title: Administrative Associate (PSFR)
Post Level: General Service (GS-6)
Position No: 10023105
Report to: Chief PSFR Operations
Section: Private Sector Fund-Raising Unit
Duty Station: Regional Office in Bangkok, Thailand
Contractual Status: Fixed-Term Appointment
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 27 October 2014
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:07 November 2014
Availability of the Post: 01 January 2015
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners with the preparation of the annual budget, budget analysis and financial planning, according to the budget formats provided by the Fundraising Support Unit in Geneva.
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners with the preparation of the annual, quarterly, mid-year and monthly income and expenditure reports, according to the formats provided by Fundraising Support Unit in Geneva.
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners with ad-hoc global reviews, internal controls, audits and quality reviews.
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners to keep track of significant variances between the approved budget and actual results and implementation rates, through clear reporting, whilst ensuring timely budget expenditure revisions and income forecasts are made and submitted to the Fundraising Support Unit in Geneva.
- Ensure accurate and timely income recording in MSRP and monthly reconciliation of the income accounts managed by PSFR.
- Ensure accurate and timely expenditure recording in MSRP (up to the PSFR Site Code detail levels) and monthly reconciliation of expenditure linked to PSFR-managed budgets in the region.
- Assist in the recruitment of staff and any affiliated workforce including advertising of vacancies, collecting candidate applications, and all administrative aspects of the recruitment, archiving and maintaining records and liaising with the relevant counterparts to ensure appointments are achieved as planned.
- Prepare and maintains regular reports on projects, procurement submissions and other inventory reports pertaining to the PSFR region and the regional activities.
- Ensure best practices and procedures for financial and administrative management and office management are implemented and assist in organizing and providing training and advice when required.
- Assist in processing procurement submissions, processing Individual Consultancy contracts, Issuing requisitions and purchase orders and review spending authorities, linked to goods and services procured by PSFR in the region when required.
- Support the PSFR staff in the region with travel requests and travel plans and bookings, when required.
- Support PSFR staff with the venue selection and administration of meetings, skill-shares and other events as planned in the region when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must be Thai national.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or other related fields.
- Minimum six years of relevant working experience, preferably with UNHCR or another UN Agency.
- Excellent finance skills.
- Strong ability to produce and analyse reports rapidly.
- Excellent computer skills and practical experience in working with Excel and an ERP or similar accounting system.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Experience in working with MSRP.
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Access.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and resume indicating the vacancy number and the position title to THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
18 Jun 2019