Organization : International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Oct 2014
View : 2307
Deadline : / /
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) seeks to appoint a:
Title: Southeast Asia Finance Officer
Reports to: Support Services Coordinator
The Finance Officer is responsible for sound financial management of the funds spent by the delegation by observing strict compliance to all Finance Procedures and to all Finance Audit recommendations. The Finance Officer is also responsible for the dissemination of Finance procedures and best practices among all key stakeholders.
Job duties and responsibilities
• Act as direct line manager of the Finance Assistant (and - to be confirmed - a Finance/Admin clerk) : training, coaching, performance management and development.
• Responsible for the strict application of IFRC standard finance procedures for every transaction booked.
• Perform the month end closing of accounting books (completeness, accuracy and timeliness required).
• Ensure adequate internal controls are in place.
• Verify correct account codes and correct CODA documents are used for all transactions.
• Book, monitor and minimise exchange gains and losses.
• Book, monitor and follow up working advances reconciliations (accuracy and timeliness required).
• Prepare and verify balance sheet reconciliations and ensure all signatures are obtained for approval.
• Prepare and verify monthly bookings and invoices associated with Service/Integration Agreements with PNSs
• Ensure strict compliance to all audit recommendations.
Treasury and payments authorization
• Validate petty cash and bank journals for all currencies using correct accounting codes and CODA documents.
• Verify the signing authority, the accounting code, the budget approval, the budget availability, the expenditure ceiling as well as the validity of supporting documentation before processing or authorising any payment.
• Control petty cash transactions (payment and receipts).
• Perform and document cash count and bank reconciliations each month or more.
• Process authorised payment requests for both cash and cheques payments.
• Monitor cash flows and cash control management : monitor payments and contributions received.
• Document and process authorisation of bank signatories.
• Monitor payroll functions.
• Verify forecast provided by Program Managers are approved and accurate.
• Coordinate the compilation of regional budgets and financial plans on a quarterly basis.
• Assist programme managers on budget preparation on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare and update PEAR forms.
• Prepare monthly movement of funds reports and send to each budget holder.
• Support and advice programme managers on budget monthly follow up.
• Ensure that programme managers are aware on the funds available to overcome any project or pledge deficits.
• Monitor the budget and ensure accurate accounting & compliance to internal control procedures.
Financial monitoring and reporting
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and timelines of financial reports to the organisation and to donors.
• Review and analyse the Movement of funds every month.
• Proactively investigate and explain gaps according to key performance indicators.
• Assist programme managers for the preparation of budget proposals as well as financial reports to donors.
• Advice budget holders on financial reporting deadlines and timeframe and if extension is needed from donors.
• Warn budget holders when there is a risk of over spending or under spending.
• Responsible for the dissemination of IFRC Finance procedures among all teams (IFRC, Partnership National Societies, National Societies).
• Responsible for the briefing and training of IFRC/PNS/NS staff on IFRC Finance procedures.
• Focal point for all financial related questions for IFRC as well as PNS and NS staff.
• Work closely with the Senior Finance Analyst in ZFU (technical line management).
• Work closely with the Finance counterparts in the National Society, Country delegations and Partner National Societies.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Support Services Coordinator or the Senior Finance Analyst.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
• Diploma or degree in finance and accounting
• Prefer a certified accountant
• 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting roles
• 5 years’ experience in budget management
• Prefer experience of working for the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement
• Prefer experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization
• Advanced analytical skills (financial analysis)
• Self-supporting in windows standard programmes and expert in excel
• Skills in time management
• Knowledge of accounting software
• Fluently spoken and written English
• Fluently spoken and written Thai
Candidates are requested to send a covering letter, Curriculum Vitae in MS WORD format and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 7 November 2014. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This position is provided a local benefit package. More information about IFRC, please see www.ifrc.org.