Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 2 Nov 2014
View : 5452
Deadline : / /
Save the Children International is looking for Partnerships & Grants Coordinator joint our team.
JOB TITLE: Partnerships & Grants Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services Team LOCATION: Bangkok
Type of Contract: Fixed Term 1 year ( renewable)
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
The purpose of this post is to ensure programmes adhere to all grant management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. The position will also function as a key liaison and support point for the programme in relation to grant management. Under the direction of the Support Services Senior Manager, the Partnerships and Grants Coordinator will be responsible for all reporting relating to donor grants and the upkeep of all internal systems relating to donor budgets. This role holds ultimate responsibility for the tasks outlined below with support from Finance and Programme teams. The Partnerships and Grants Coordinator will also provide the primary award management inputs for both development and humanitarian programmes, and on-going support to develop best practice award management procedures and processes.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Support Services Senior Manager
Staff reporting to this post: One
Direct: Grants Assistant
Indirect : None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The Thailand program has grown from a $3 million/year program to a $6 million/year program. In addition, the role of Awards Management under SCI is much broader than when this post was created – it now entails managing a complex online system and coordinating with SC Members and SCI regional staff both via this system and via calls and emails. It also includes a significant component of capacity building and ensuring donor compliance.KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Support the Support Services Senior Manager and Director of Programmes Development and Qualityin developing relationships with potential and existing donors (institutional and corporate) for programmes in Thailand
- Prepare materials necessary to inform donors on the programmes of Save the Children, with contributions from Programmes and Communications staff
- Be SCI focal person to donors identified in the donor mapping
- Ensure all donor requirements are met and all donor reports easily accessible.
- Ensure that key contributing staff and implementing partners have a clear understanding of donor requirements and expectations at the proposal, agreement, kick off, implementation, amendment, reporting, close out, etc…
- Ensure that key processes are in place so that proposals, formats, eligibility, compliance, reporting, M&E and quality assurance receive optimum attention at the various stages of the award life cycle with a view of securing donor satisfaction.
- Ensure potential issues and amendment requests are flagged promptly to donors via the relevant Save the Children member.
- Ensure that all new staff receives an orientation to SCI award management processes, systems, tools, and donor compliance requirements that are relevant to the role.
- Build the capacity of staff on the donor regulation and requirement
Grants Administration and Grants Tools
- Maintain Grant and Funding filing system on the internal server, online Award Management System and necessary paper files including grant tracking sheet (grant tracker) especially to facilitate the close-out stage.
- Ensure that programme, particularly the budget holders, and finance staff are aware of SC accountabilities to donors
- Maintain the existing tools and develop necessary tools if needs
- Provide strategic support within the Support Services team on all aspects of award management including award contracting (with PDQ) and donor compliance.
- Ensure accurate and up to date information on the award portfolio is readily available to Support Services team, Senior Management Team and members.
- Working with the Finance Manager, support master budget development, cost allocation, monitoring of award budgets, phasing and forecasting, in particular ensuring alignment between the master budget and funding tracker.
- Ensure that the Award Management System (AMS) is effectively maintained, up to date and accurately records the audit trail (data and process) for all awards and sub-awards.
- Recruit, train and manage award management staff.
- Support PDQ to build and maintain relationships with the local representatives of donor organisations, working closely with relevant members to ensure consistent communications to donor organisations at all levels.
- Support PDQ in the proposal development process and coordinate across departments, with the region, centre and members as needed.
- Working closely with PDQ, ensure that a proposal development plan is in place, indicating who are accountable for specific tasks until the submission to the donor.
- Develop proposal budgets and make sure that all necessary cost is included (Non-thematic minimum rate, etc…)
- With information provided from Finance, ensure that budgets for the proposal comply with donors’ formats and requirement.
- Ensure that donor reporting schedules are tracked and required quality is met, and all donor reports are submitted to SC Members and donors on time.
- Work with programme team to facilitate narrative reports and finance team for financial reports
- Review and identify necessary adjustment to program and finance team to be in line with donor requirement, indicators stated in the proposal log frame, etc...
- With support from Finance, produce additional reports if necessary as requested from donors (e.g., Liquidation of advance, Projected Disbursement, Form 269A, projections for the next quarter)
- Ensure all monthly reports related to Grant management are reviewed and submitted within the deadline.
Budget Monitoring and Management
- With support from the Support Services Senior Manager and Finance, ensure that regular training on budget management for staff so that programmes staff familiarise themselves with donor budget and financial requirements especially for new donors
- Work with Budget holders and finance teams on monitoring use of budgets (BVA reviews)
- Negotiate with SC members (account holders) and the donors for necessary adjustments
- Work with relevant program staff to ensure all implementing partners undergo legal vetting and a capacity assessment including discussion and action of capacity assessment with program team prior to commencing work with Save the Children, are engaged with appropriate agreements and effective monitoring systems are in place so that partner delivery meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Work with program staff to ensure relevant donor requirements are effectively communicated and understood by implementing partners.
- Lead in SCI and Donor compliance on partnerships session in the kick off meeting.
- Work closely with Finance and Programmes to ensure that required documents are kept systematically and available for audit. These may include, but not limit to, Ledger, Contracts, work plan, policy and procedure, HR documents, timesheet, Inventory, Fixed Assets Register & document for physical stock count sheet, etc), Financial Report & budget
- Work with Finance to liaise with auditors during audit preparation time for support required
- Ensure that the grant audit process is in place according to donor and SCI requirement
- Strengthen the knowledge and capacity of staff across all functions to manage awards and comply with donor requirements as relevant to their role by providing induction, training and coaching consistent with their various roles and responsibilities.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to and like sharing information and communication.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai National
- At least 3 - 5 year experience either as in a Grant and finance position for a NGO (local or international)
- The ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages
- Proficiency in computer use with various software packages
- Excellent communication skills
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of contracting
- Experience of donors compliance
- Experience of working with international NGOs
- Experience of budget development and management
- Experience of donor reporting and liaison
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
If a disaster occurs in the area, support Save the Children’s emergency response if needed.
Save the Children International offers competitive remuneration package.
Deadline for submission of application is on 14th November 2014
To apply, please send your application and CV to HR & Admin Manager: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Partnerships & Grants Coordinator_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
21 Aug 2019