Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 7 Nov 2018
View : 911
Deadline : 21 / November / 2018
TITLE: Project Coordinator - Promoting Rural Opportunities for Children’s Empowerment, Education and Development (PROCEED)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Save the Children work to protect children from abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence by targeting at-risk children on the move and strengthening child protection systems, ensuring all children access to basic services, and advocating for children’s rights. We work with the Thai government to ensure the implementation of international standards.
Promoting Rural Opportunities for Children’s Empowerment, Education and Development (PROCEED) Project entails prevention children from being involved in hazardous labour, exploitation, and other abuses, working in coordination with local protection- and education mechanisms.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and management of Promoting Rural Opportunities for Children’s Empowerment, Education and Development (PROCEED) Project, ensuring program implementation with quality and cost effectiveness. The Project Coordinator will provide support to ensure that the project can deliver key activities on time and meet target and objectives.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection and Child Rights Program Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 1 PROCEED Project Officer
Budget Responsibilities: PROCEED Project
Role Dimensions: The coordinator works with PDQ team especially Child Protection Specialist, and CSOs, Government INGOs, UN agencies, CRC Coalition Thailand
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the implementation and development of the technical and administrative aspects of the project. This includes overall responsibility for budget and staff management;
- Support project officers under line management in capacity building on key areas of their career development and professional skills upgrading;
- Oversee project expenditure and hold budget management responsibility for the project, including monitoring budget vs expenditure, ensuring that costs are allocated correctly and expenditure is happening in line with the plan;
- Lead on developing and revising the project management tools on timely basis;
- Ensure that internal and external reporting requirements are met, including donor reports, in line with the required format and with review and input from the thematic specialists;
- Ensure that project progress is effectively monitored through the regular collection and analysis of key indicators and ensure that processes and results are proper documented;
- Work closely with thematic specialists to ensure quality implementation under SCI Child Safeguarding Policy and other quality benchmarks.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and success stories from the project are effectively documented and shared;
- Work closely with the Child Protection and Child Rights Program Coordinator
- and operational support departments (HR, Operations, Finance) to ensure that key project inputs are understood and delivered in a timely manner;
- Through coordination and communication with Save the Children’s in country Child Protection Specialist contribute to Save the Children’s strategic planning in the child protection sector and the design of future programming strategy and direction;
- Input into the development of future funding proposals and identify opportunities for programming that may develop locally;
- In coordination with the Thematic Specialists and regional Technical Advisors facilitate meetings, workshops and evaluations initiated by Save the Children and donors in relation to the implementation of this project;
- Be the point of contact for Save the Children’s national work with the Ministry of Social Development and Human Securities and other pertinent authorities/organizations in the area of Child Protection.
- Work closely with the Chid Protection Specialist, Communications, Media and Campaign Coordinator on policy advocacy and public campaign for law reform.
- Together with MEAL team, ensure appropriate and effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability mechanisms and practices for the project.
Partnership Management and Support
- Support, build the capacity of and coordinate closely with local partners implementing key components of this project;
- Plan and organize regular meetings with the local partners to draw lessons, share experiences and monitor progress of the project, supporting partners to collate good practices and evidence for showcasing at regional and global forum;
- Provide technical support to partners on the sub-award agreement and compliances. Make sure that the projects’ partners are followed through with SCI standard in logistics, management and finance. Timely funding transfer to partners is to be ensured, unless circumstances ceased.
Representation and coordination (internal and external)
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners
- NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, UN agencies and government counterparts;
- Participate in coordination and technical meetings at provincial and national level;
- Participate in regular Bangkok Team meetings providing input into area decisions and ensuring that issues affecting the implementation of the projects are resolved;
- Other duties as directed, including support to management in the absence of the Child Protection and Child Rights Program Coordinator.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree on social science or relevant area
- Good understanding on child protection issues in Thailand with sound knowledge of international standard of child rights and child protection
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5-year experience in working in child protection programme. Work experience in one or more of the following issues would be an asset: child development, child labour, trafficking in children and child protection system.
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within the NGO sector and/ or in an international environment
- Experience in project coordination, in particular experience in ensuring key deliverables are produced on time
- Experience in project design and development
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate.
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems. Competent in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to track and monitor a budget.
- Proven ability to work effectively at country and regional level gaining trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders, and in particular senior stakeholder management in a highly political environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and fluent in English
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organisation.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Ability to travel extensively
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up 20,000 THB/year, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: 21 November 2018
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Project Coordinator - Promoting Rural Opportunities for Children’s Empowerment, Education and Development (PROCEED)_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : Hr.email@example.com
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultant ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator