Organization : HelpAge International - Asia Pacific Regional Office
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 26 Nov 2018
View : 852
Deadline : 6 / December / 2018
HelpAge International Asia Pacific Regional Office is currently seeking a qualified candidate to support our work in Asia Pacific region.
Position: Regional Finance Officer
Work base: Asia Regional Office in Chiang Mai
Contract length: 2 years (with possible extension)
Application closing date: 06 December 2018
Starting date: As soon as possible
Condition: This position is opened for Thai nationals only
Background: The office supports the regional Network on Ageing in its work to build understanding and commitments to respond to the challenges and opportunities that rapid population ageing creates.
The regional office works to influence government policy development and implementation in relation to community based care, older peoples’ organisations, social pensions, disaster risk reduction, and the economics of ageing.
The regional office is also working with local partners and experts in Asia region to implement multi-country projects focusing on strengthening the ageing network, country based advocacy, community driven development and technical assistance on ageing related issues in the region.
Purpose of the Job:
To support the regional team to deliver complex multi-country regional projects at high quality.
To be responsible for the finance functions in the regional office including all aspects of financial and management accounting, including finance systems development and implementation and support to partners to ensure HelpAge and donor reporting requirements and minimum standards are met. In particular:
- To ensure comprehensive and effective financial management in the regional office
- Provide high level support to Regional Finance Manager and Country Finance Managers
- To monitor, support and train finance & contract management staff in regional and country offices
- To ensure donor and internal financial compliance and checks and balances
- Lead on APRO regional financial information such as revenue forecasts, quarterly reports, and other ad-hoc financial management reports.
- Lead on sub award management for APRO region including projects start-up, pre-award assessment, sub awardee annual budget, and projects close-out.
- Prepares and/or reviews Project/Country Offices in their annual budget process to be consistent and in compliance with HelpAge and donor requirements.
- Support APRO Programme and Finance staff in the production of project budgets and proposals, advising on assumptions, risks and opportunities contained within the budgets.
- Backstop Project/Country Offices that are assigned within APRO region by providing overall financial advice including financial performance, risks and compliance, and audits
- To ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is undertaken highlighting key variances to the project holders, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required.
- Keep close work contacts with Country Finance Managers and provide assistance in preparation of interim and final donor reports; monthly donor monitoring reports.
- Works closely with Finance Assistant to ensure quality and timely financial reporting such as Month-end closing, Advance and settlement, payment schedule to suppliers and local government.
- Ensure country offices understand and are well prepared to meet local financial reporting requirements
- During field visits assess the adequacy of services provided by finance staff to sub-office, field based staff, and partners and follow-up on financial, grant/contract management, internal controls and other program support needs identified.
- Participate in and, when necessary lead on, both internal and external audits ensuring that recommendations are reviewed and actioned in a timely manner
- Set-up and maintain a filing and retrieval system for financial and administrative transactions in compliance with HelpAge and donor requirements
- Assist in the year-end procedure, ensuring that all financial returns are completed accurately and to the required timescale
- Coordinates with Programme team, country offices and other departments to ensure Project/Country Offices sound financial and operational management
- Assist in preparation financial report to Ministry of Labour
- Monitors and reviews Project/Regional Office cash flow requests and submits to HQ to process cash transfers.
Training, Support & Advice
- Identify and assist in meeting financial training needs of local staff and partners
- Work with partners, helping set up accounting systems and procedures that meet HelpAge and donor standards.
- Monitor partner finance systems and reporting, highlighting any concerns and agree required management actions with relevant staff of partners and HelpAge.
Extent of Authority
- The post holder is expected to operate within all HelpAge International policies and procedures.
- To represent the financial views and needs of the APRO office when liaising with Secretariat staff during the absence of the RFM
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Other Features of the Job
The position will require some national and international travel. Applicants should be ready to travel for up to 20% of their working time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and a professional accounting qualification
- Member of a recognised professional financial body
- Significant experience with a reputed international NGO
- Significant experience of a wide range of donors, preferably including USAID, UN Agencies and EC
- Good working knowledge of SUN accounting system or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and make rational strategic and routine decisions
- Substantial experience of development, implementation and monitoring of finance systems and procedures
- Experience of providing finance and systems training
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Performance management skills including mentoring and capacity building
- Excellent command of English both written and oral
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Experience of managing finance in a rapid onset emergency response
- Understanding of international development work
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
How to apply:
Please submit your application document consists of:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role that should not be more than 1 page of A4 size
- Your expected salary
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 3 pages of A4 size
- Three referees, including your most recent employer
- Please put the covering letter and CV in one file and send by email to email@example.com before the closing date of 06 December 2018
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
With a view to minimising our administration costs we are unfortunately only able to contact again those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org