Organization : UNHCR
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 29 Nov 2018
View : 445
Deadline : 9 / December / 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 40/2018
Durable Solutions Assistant
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
23 November 2018
Assistant Protection Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
09 December 2018
Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position 01 January 2019
Scope of Assignment
- Regularly liaise and coordinate with other resettlement staff, field staff (particularly registration, protection and BID staff) at the field office and or camp committee, NGOs, CBOs and refugee community regarding the registration of interest for RST, for the collection of detailed information and the identification of cases for resettlement and report to supervisor.
- Prepare and follow weekly schedule for field visits to refugee camps to interview and or follow up on resettlement cases, to provide counseling to and sharing information with refugees concerning resettlement procedure and progress of each individual resettlement case as agreed with supervisor.
- Regularly provide feedback on the progress of resettlement cases and keep updated documentation on each individual resettlement case for the review by supervisor.
- Draft and prepare documents and field reports in relation to resettlement cases/ activities and maintain up-to-date filing system as agreed with supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with the facilitation and organization of logistics for selection missions and or cultural orientation training missions.
- Collect relevant data and update data pertaining to refugees and maintain up-to-date computerized records about resettlement, utilizing UNHCR software programme.
- Generate statistical reports relating to resettlement programme and ensure the maintenance of accurate resettlement statistics.
- Monitor issues related to security, economy, and politics in Myanmar and in Thailand (utilizing media reports, discussions with civilian officials and military, and direct contact with proposed UNHCR field offices) in order to stay abreast of the potential for movement of refugees from Thailand to Myanmar.
- If voluntary return to Myanmar in conditions of safety and dignity becomes feasible, assist in establishing a framework by which UNHCR would facilitate or assist that return;
- Assist, as needed, in any inter-office response to an emergency/refugee influx.
- Any other duties assigned or deemed necessary to the fulfillment of the above responsibilities and duties.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Minimum two years experiences with refugees and/or in related filed.
- Thai national is preferable
- Knowledge of computer and use of various computer software packages, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access
- Knowledge of ProGres and RRF would be an asset.
- Strong team player, good organizational skills and ability to communicate well across cultures and be prepared to work extensively in the field.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Thai
- Knowledge of Burmese or Karen is an asset.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Contact : THABAHR@unhcr.org