Organization : Raks Thai Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 6 Dec 2018
View : 964
Deadline : 31 / December / 2018
Raks Thai Foundation is working to improve the productivity and incomes of smallholder rice farmers in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand. The three-year program, Hug Khao, focuses on enhancing smallholder productivity, building the capacity of farmer organizations and promoting good financial practices at the farm level. The program places special emphasis on expanding access to mechanized equipment and building stronger and more sustainable access to agriculture extension services.
The Agriculture Program Manager (APM) is responsible for overseeing Raks Thai’s project targeting smallholder rice farmers in Ubon Ratchathani, in collaboration with Raks Thai’s NGO and private sector partners. The APM will oversee both the day to day implementation of the project while also providing overall technical oversight and support to all agriculture related activities.
The APM will work closely with both management and support staff (including finance, administration and program) in Bangkok and Ubon Ratchathani and ensure that activities are implemented according to schedule, budget and meet high quality expectations. The APM will proactively coordinate and work in consultation with our key private sector and NGO partners throughout implementation to ensure that the team is able to reach its targets and deliverables.
• Develop individual and team workplans to achieve project activities and deliverables on time, within budget and to a high standard of quality.
• Coordinate agriculture extension work with appropriate government agencies, private sector partners, and relevant stakeholders
• Provide regular written reports to Raks Thai’s leadership and implementing partner’s Program Manager on agriculture development activity.
• Manage and facilitate the selection process for lead farmers/lead farmer households.
• Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of the Program
• Supervise program staff to ensure that the project activities are running effectively and making best use of project resources;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Raks Thai Foundation and NGO and private sector partner;
• Monitor and proactively track and manage project budget;
• Keep a proper filing system;
• Other duties as assigned and required by supervisor and Mercy Corps.
• University degree, preferably graduate level, in Agriculture, Agribusiness or related area;
• 3 to 5 years of experience in agriculture development, with strong preference for candidates with private sector experience, particularly in the rice value chain;
• Demonstrated experience working and coordinating with both government and private sector partners required;
• Ability to manage and lead a team, with strong management and supervisory experience;
• Must be able to work independently, show initiative and be proactive in communicating with program partners and stakeholders;
• Sincere commitment to engaging women and youth in community agricultural initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and adhering to workplans;
• Extensive travel required throughout program areas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Thai
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org, 02-0147322 ext. 103
23 Aug 2019
23 Aug 2019
23 Aug 2019
21 Aug 2019