Organization : Stockholm Environment Institute
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Dec 2018
View : 418
Deadline : 4 / January / 2019
Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable future for all. SEI Asia is a dynamic, expanding workplace of approximately 30 people from different nationalities that collaborate in a busy central Bangkok-based office.
SEI is recruiting a highly motivated Senior Research Fellow that supports the Water Resources Management Cluster Lead in developing and leading research projects across Asia with a focus on water economics and policy in water and land resources management and governance, climate and water-related disaster risk management, water-food-energy security and urban nexus. This position will supervise junior researchers, write peer-reviewed research publications, review research papers produced by research partners, contribute to fundraising, and support strategy and workplan development for the Cluster.
The incumbentwill work with SEI Asia staff and other consortiums on existing programme activities, including serving as the research component leader of the Sustainable Mekong Research Network or SUMERNET (www.sumernet.org), with the focus on reducing water insecurity for all in the Mekong Region (SUMERNET 4 All), and contribute to the Sustainable Water Partnership (www.swpwater.org) and other projects related to water resources management in Asia. While SEI Asia focuses within the region, it also works globally, and the incumbent will be expected to contribute to programmes and projects worldwide.
The Senior Research Fellow reports directly to the assigned Line Manager (Water Resources Management Cluster Leader) and respective project leaders/managers for which she/he works, and is under the overall supervision of the Centre Director.
Your main responsibilities
- Leads or implements research works and/or projects, according to the assigned tasks of Cluster Lead and under the guidance of the SEI Strategy.This includes, but is not limited to, serving as the research component leader of SUMERNET 4 All
- Writes peer-reviewed research publications and develops other information for publication and the SEI Asiaweb page, ensuring high research quality
- Contribute to formulation and implementation of the Cluster’s work plan, including budget and identification, design, development, and implementation of research projects within themes that further the aims and objectives of SEI
- Identify funding sources, build relationships with the donors, lead and contribute to fundraising to secure funding for the Cluster and SEI Asia
- Support and cooperates with research team colleagues to ensure deliverables are high quality and on schedule
- Provide guidance and line management to early career and mid-level members of the team in regard to research management, project implementation and reporting, and monitoring and evaluation
- Support the Water Resources Management Cluster Leader in evaluating annual performance reviews for Cluster members
- Support professional and career development for early career research employees and contributes to SEI’s employee development programme
- Report progress in accordance with the SEI project manual and project agreements
- Support SEI Asia management and development upon request from the SEI Asia management team
- Contribute to the development of Institute policies, Cluster strategy and the research strategy of relevant projects
- In collaboration with the SEI communications team and the SEI Asia communications coordinator, facilitate and support internal communications and outreach activities, including presentations, speeches, dialogues and media articles
- Contribute to strengthening the relationship between SEI Asia and the the host country (Thai government), as well as the partnership with the host institute (Chulalongkorn University) and other agencies in the region
- Implement and contribute to development of Institute policies, including the environment policy, and additional programmes, such as the Institute Code of Conduct
- Contribute to office management (meetings, administrative tasks, recruitment processes, etc.) and other duties as assigned by line managers
Who you are
We are looking for a person with a strong interest and proven track record in designing and executing research projects. You have excellent writing skills and are able to communicate with a variety of actors.
- PhD or equivalent, with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in applied or development economics in water, water resources engineering and management, natural resources management, sustainable development or other fields relevant for water sector development
- Extensive experience in conducting research related to flood, drought and transboundary water issues in the Mekong Region
- Proven record in fundraising
- Excellent research and strong publication record
- Excellent record in project implementation
- Proven ability to lead a strong, visible and lasting research portfolio involving several researchers
- Five years work experience in the ASEAN region, with a strong network of government agencies, academic institutions and NGOs, particularly in the Mekong region.
- Recognized as senior expert in her/his field and holding the academic qualification of Associate Professor or higher, or comparable research and practical experience exceeding 15 years in related field
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong motivation, personal initiative and commitment to excellence and results, as well as enthusiasm for doing scientific research
- Demonstrated record of interdisciplinary collaboration, partnership and team building and the desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience in communicating scientific information to a range of different audiences
- Interest in working at the interface of social science and policy engagement, and with qualitative approaches
- Experience in a research/non-profit organization
- Experience working in an international environment
- Can converse in one or more local Southeast Asian languages
To succeed in this role, you need to be both independent and a team player in a highly flexible and exciting research environment. You are able to combine theoretical knowledge with practical, people-based skills.
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is an independent, international research institute founded in 1989. Its mission is to support decision-making and induce change towards sustainable development around the world by providing integrative knowledge that bridges science and policy in the field of environment and development. SEI was ranked as the second most influential environmental think tank in the world in the Global Go To Think Tank Report 2017, compiled by the University of Pennsylvania's Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program.
SEI has approximately 240 employees working at research centres in seven countries around the world. Our Headquarters and the Stockholm Research Centre are located in Stockholm, Sweden. In addition to SEI Asia, there are centres in Estonia (Tallinn); United Kingdom (York and Oxford); the United States (Seattle, Boston and Davis, California); Kenya (Nairobi); and Columbia (Bogota).
How to apply:
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than Jan 04, 2019 23:59 ICT. As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, apply online using the button below and include:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer ระดมทุน / Fundraising เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager