Organization : FHI 360
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Dec 2018
View : 588
Deadline : 11 / January / 2019
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Better Preparing Lower Mekong Youth for the 21st Century Workforce activity. The purpose of the project is to strengthen higher education in the Lower Mekong countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam) to better prepare students to join the 21st century workforce in high growth sectors. Another important anticipated project objective is to help foster a stronger climate of private sector investment in skills development and engagement with Lower Mekong higher education institutions (HEIs).
The COP will be responsible for providing overall technical and programmatic vision and leadership to the program, ensuring integration of activities and technical quality of approaches, coordinating partner roles, building relationships with key stakeholders including USAID, Lower Mekong government ministries, and the private sector, and ensuring program delivery of expected outcomes and milestones, and managerial and technical support throughout the implementation of the activity. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID on all project-related matters and will help build critical linkages with counterparts, the private sector, government entities at national and local levels, and other key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with HEIs, both in terms of a keen understanding of the education needs and priorities pertaining to workforce development and facilitating public-private partnerships to advance workforce development objectives, The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep understanding of workplace learning models, human resource development, talent management, job placement services, and recruiting. This position will be based in Bangkok and is contingent upon receipt of award, funder approval of key personnel and project implementation criteria.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/RDMA, government counterparts (including multiple Ministry partners), donors, local partners, and community stakeholders, and build effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Provide overall technical leadership management and general technical direction for the design and implementation of project activities
- Help develop and oversee the successful implementation of innovative and high-impact public-private partnerships with HEIs
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful, constructive and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results.
- Responsible for design, delivery and progress against approved work plan and reporting against performance monitoring plan
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines
- Responsible for coordination with the Mission and other donor initiatives and activities
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a time manner, and suggest appropriate activity adjustments when necessary
- Assist with analysis and communications regarding resource management
- Ensure an integrated project vision among staff and anticipated sub awardees.
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring compliance with USAID and FHI 360 rules and regulations.
- Oversee the establishment of effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement systems and ensure that program results are met.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope and scale to this activity.
- Master’s degree in one of the following relevant fields: public administration, public policy, international development, finance, economics, law, political science, or related social sciences.
- Minimum of five years of senior management experience, including managing budgets, workplans, and personnel, and managing activities in complex environments
- Experience managing USAID projects (preferably as a Chief of Party) and strong knowledge of USAID programming rules and regulations, grants programs, and monitoring and evaluation policies and procedures.
- Prior experience working with relevant workforce development stakeholders, including technical and vocational education providers, higher education institutions, skills training providers, chambers of commerce and private sector associations, private sector firms, and related government ministries
- Deep familiarity with workplace learning models, human resource development, talent management, job placement services, career counseling, or recruiting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams on activities of similar scale (financial size, staffing, and complexity of activities).
- Strong knowledge of economic trends in Southeast Asia /Lower Mekong region as they pertain to workforce development and HEIs preferred
- Prior experience managing inclusive programming
- Demonstrated ability to convene stakeholders from various disciplines and sectors (public, private, training/education, civil society) to identify and to achieve program goals
- Experience living and working in Southeast Asia preferred.
- Knowledge of and understanding of economic development issues in the Lower Mekong region
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated track record of strong donor relationships including with USAID.
- A proven record providing high quality management, strategic vision and leadership, and decision-making skills with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively with diverse project teams.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
*** Please click HERE to apply directly via FHI 360's Career Portal ***
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Contact : email@example.com / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager