Organization : IJM Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 17 Dec 2018
View : 577
Deadline : 7 / January / 2019
Security Manager, Bangkok
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM started a new field office in Bangkok and in 2018 IJM Foundation was established to provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM Foundation lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM Foundation is seeking a Security Manager to serve a critical role in IJM’s work by assessing potential risks and developing and implementing appropriate risk management strategies related to the safety and security of IJM Foundation personnel and the protection of IJM Foundation assets. The Security Coordinator will provide IJM Foundation personnel with training and services to promote safety and security while engaged in casework and other activities, and take a leadership role in preventing, preparing for and responding to emergencies and other security concerns. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and will require periodic travel within Thailand. The position reports to the Foundation Director.
- Evaluate current political, social and climatic conditions for possible threats to the safety and security of Field Office staff;
- Perform safety, security and threat assessments for IJM Foundation staff, clients, casework and office space and property;
- Support the Regional Security Manager and Global Director of Corporate Security in the implementation of Security and Threat Assessments using standard tools and processes, as and when needed;
- Develop, implement and review risk mitigation strategies and operational security plans for field work in collaboration with other IJM Foundation teams;
- Assist in the selection/supervision of additional security guards, if necessary;
- Provide on-the-ground leadership in response to critical incidents in the country, and provide input to office and country leadership on crisis management;
- Draft context specific security policies/standards and strategies in compliance with IJM global standards security strategies for FO and HQ review and approval as necessary;
- Establish and periodically review plans of action for all security policies, standards and strategies.
- Monitor and document the implementation of security policies, procedures and plans of action;
- Ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate IJM Foundation personnel and offices;
- Orient new staff, interns, fellows, volunteers and other visitors on safety and security issues related to the office and the project areas;
- Provide or facilitate necessary training and support so that staff have the skills and knowledge at all times to deal with and mitigate risks and threats that arise in their work;
- Manage security requirements for special events, including Trips to the Field visits by donors, VIPs, etc;
- Assess and provide recommendations on security related equipment for the office and the field, and work with the equipment custodian for replace or repair when needed;
- Draft and implement policies for background checks of any staff or volunteers with direct access to clients, in collaboration with the HR Manager and the Deputy Foundation Director;
- Ensure that concise, thorough and timely written reports are provided on all security-related activities;
- Conduct security assessments and threat analysis for the office location as required, and where necessary propose mitigation strategies for specific threats;
- Ensure compliance with fire regulations;
- Provide or coordinate training of IJM Foundation personnel to prepare for evacuation, fire and other potential office based safety and security incidents;
- Work with the Administration Manger to oversee implementation and regular review of the FO’s visitor policy to screen and mitigate security risks related to office visitors;
- Ensure all staff who travel to the field have needed security assessments and risk mitigation support;
- Communicate promptly as needed with staff on field related to security;
- During IJM Foundation supported law enforcement operations, perform the role of the Security Officer, coordinating security related logistics and ensuring the security of all staff and clients;
- Provide ongoing field security trainings to the all teams/personnel who travel to the field; and monitor and document compliance of the field security policies by all staff;
- Assess the security of existing and potential partner organizations that will have direct contact with clients, in collaboration with the respective FO teams, and provide recommendations;
- Assess the security of external locations where IJM Foundation will be hosting events (as requested);
- Ensure that all reports, correspondence, and similar documents are communicated to the Senior Coordinator and Foundation Director (and Deputy Foundation Director for field security matters) in a timely manner;
- Maintain close links with all FO departments to ensure that all projects are implemented with the highest degree of staff safety and security;
- Manage administrative, logistic and budgetary issues related to safety and security programs/procedures;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional security or risk assessment training.
- Expertise in the analysis of security threats, risks and vulnerability, and delivering security services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience in crisis management preferred;
- Experience in security guard/contractor supervision preferred;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical, organizational and facilitation skills and attention to detail.
- Thai national, or Non-Thai who can work legally in Thailand.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation mission.
- Deadline: Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A complete application includes: IJM Foundation Job Application Form, and CV.
- Download Application Form: http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- A complete application can be submitted to: BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- For further information, please visit our website : https://www.ijm.org/careers/fie
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org