Organization : ICRC
Type : Other / อื่นๆ
Date : 9 Jan 2019
View : 935
Deadline : 31 / January / 2019
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Regional Investigation Officer
ICRC staff members are the organization's greatest asset in implementing its humanitarian mission to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC seeks to safeguard high standards of integrity and professionalism, providing the ethical and behavioural framework that all staff are expected to respect in their daily work. The ICRC Code of Conduct contains essential rules of behaviour that reflect the values underpinning the ICRC's mission.
In line with the Code of Conduct Framework and Guidelines aimed at reinforcing compliance and integrity within our organisation, the ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok wish to appoint a rigorous and experienced Regional Investigation Officer to cover the needs for Asia and Middle East region. S-he will be reporting to another Regional Investigation Officer and both positions are reporting directly to the Global Compliance Office in our Headquarters in Geneva. The purpose of this position is to undertake investigations of alleged misconducts or violations of ICRC internal procedures and policies, ensuring best practices and to participate in prevention activities and trainings. The successful candidate for this post will have a proven record in a similar position in an international organisation or multinational company.
- Conducts and manages investigations of alleged misconduct or alleged violations of ICRC internal policies and procedures.
- Obtains and reviews relevant documentation; conducts interviews and takes statements; analyses facts, determines findings, and formulates recommended disciplinary and jurisdictional actions; gathers and analyses electronic evidence.
- Determines whether matters involve potential fraud, corruption or other illegal or criminal conduct warranting referral to national authorities.
- Prepares complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks.
- Works collaboratively and in coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve Organizational goals, in accordance with ICRC Code of Conduct Framework and Guidelines and in compliance with other Organizational principles and regulations.
- Performs other preventive compliance activities as required including training.
Selection requirements and experience
- University degree in social sciences, economics or law and / or professional certification, e.g. ACFE
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Participation in investigation training courses or CFE certification an asset.
- At least 6-9 years’ experience with investigatory procedures and practice within international organizations.
- Expertise in investigation technique, particularly where conduct also may have criminal implications that could result in prosecution before local courts.
- Knowledge of legal, procedural and evidentiary standards.
- Wide experience with investigatory procedures and practice within international organizations.
- Knowledge of UN legal, procedural and evidentiary standards.
- English proficiency; any other language of the regions covered an asset
- Fully conversant with IT tools
- Ability to develop the role with ethical and fair conduct and to represent the Institution
- Robust interpersonal skills with the ability to generate trust rapidly and to handle multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent and effective communication and listening skills and ability to interact collaboratively in an autonomous fashion
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven cultural sensitivity and self-awareness
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibility to contribute directly in the prevention of misconduct and in the improvement of the regulations
- A competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: ASAP
For further details, please contact Maria Thestrup (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 31 Jan 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted)
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org