Organization : Winrock International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Jan 2019
View : 847
Deadline : 24 / January / 2019
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
POSITION TITLE: Community Mobilization Specialist, USAID Thailand CTIP
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Mobilization Specialist will lead activities related to outreach to most at-risk populations and trafficked individuals, strengthening their groups, improve understanding of rights and services; and advocate for increased protections for them.
- Work with staff and partners to develop and implement inclusive and comprehensive community mobilization plans which address the root causes of TIP, and empower at-risk groups and trafficking survivors;
- Coordinate project partners in target provinces to effectively implement agreed upon activities;
- Lead efforts to build the capacity of local institutions to increase access to and quality of services for at-risk groups and trafficking victims, promote safe migration and redress mechanisms;
- Provide technical oversight and assistance for relevant grantees;
- Provide technical support in developing national and sub-national strategies to address TIP;
- Assist with developing tools and adapting materials and curricula;
- Assist with collecting data and stakeholder feedback;
- Ensure that project strategies are in line with best practices and deploy innovative solutions;
- Provide technical assistance to improve referral systems, protection of victims and people at risk, accountability of service providers, victim identification, trauma-informed case management and assistance, including but not limited to livelihoods, education, and psychosocial support;
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant local organizations, RTG as well as private sector partners to improve mechanisms and services for at-risk groups and trafficked persons
- Coordinate with relevant Winrock programs in the region for a unified counter-trafficking response;
- Contribute to quarterly and other reports;
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor degree, (Masters preferred) or higher in community development, communications, international development, human rights, or other social science; or equivalent education and work experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience implementing community mobilization work related to the protection of migrants or similar marginalized groups
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity and provide technical support to government and civil society
- Experience with grants management, training, M&E, and gender programming
- Understanding of socio-economic and political context governing anti-trafficking and migration issues in Thailand
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and ethical management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities under pressure, and attention to detail
- Fluency in Thai and English required
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Community Mobilization Specialist in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2019.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.
Contact : email@example.com