Organization : UN Resident Coordinator
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Feb 2019
View : 962
Deadline : 21 / February / 2019
This is a senior national professional post in the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in Bangkok, who coordinates the work of the UN Country Team (18 UN agencies) in support of the Sustainable Development Goals. The Data Management and Results Monitoring/Reporting Officer is responsible for the collection and analysis of development data, and supports the overall monitoring and reporting of UN Country Team on its collective results.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships: This is a senior national professional post in the United Nations Resident Coordinator Office (RCO) in Bangkok.
The UN Resident Coordinator (RC) is the designated representative of the UN Secretary-General for development activities and the team leader of the UN Country Team (UNCT), which in Thailand is composed of 18 UN agencies, who have projects and programmes in Thailand. The Resident Coordinator Office supports the UN Resident Coordinator in his/her coordination of the UN Country Team and liaison with national partners.
In July 2017, the UN Country Team signed with the Royal Thai Government the United Nations Partnership Framework (UNPAF) Thailand for 2017-2021. The UN Country Team agencies monitor and report on the UN's contributions within the framework of the UNPAF and of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Office of the UN Resident Coordinator (RCO) in Thailand, currently a team of five staff, provides strategic and secretariat supports to the RC and the UN Country Team to effectively coordinate the work of the UN agencies to implement the UNPAF and advance the Sustainable Development Goals . The RCO is located within the main UN office in Bangkok. The position is a senior national professional position and will report to the Team Leader of the Resident Coordinator’s Office.
In December 2017, the UN Secretary-General’s report entitled “Repositioning the United Nations development system to deliver on the 2030 Agenda: our promise for dignity, prosperity and peace on a healthy planet” was issued. This report puts forward a comprehensive proposal on further improvements to the RC System to ensure more coherent, accountable and effective support for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (2030 Agenda). This was further reinforced by General Assembly resolution 72/279 of 1 June 2018, which gave the UN Secretary-General the mandate to implement the repositioning.
A reinvigorated RC system is at the center of a repositioned United Nations development system, and while the system has been instrumental in driving coherence on the ground over the past four decades, it is now insufficiently robust to respond to the needs of the 2030 Agenda. The report stresses that RCOs will need to be adequately staffed to ensure sufficient substantive capacities to lead UN Country Team. The core capacity will include experts in coordination, economics, results monitoring and evaluation, and strategic partnerships, plus a robust standing communications capacity within the UN Country Team.
Responsibilities: This post is part of a new generation of RCOs, with a new skill set and competencies required to deliver on the 2030 Agenda.
Summary of Functions:
- Provides substantive support for the development and implementation of UN Country Team (UNCT) data and research strategies
- Develops and expands strategic research and data partnerships
- Coordinates monitoring and reporting of UNCT results
- Supports knowledge management and capacity development
Description of Functions:
- Provides substantive support for the development and implementation of UN Country Team (UNCT) data and research strategies (30%)
- In alignment with UN Partnership Framework (2017-2021) and key national development strategies, coordinate design and implementation of the UN Country Team’s data management, results monitoring, results strategy;
- Support UN Country Team Results Groups in developing and refining their annual work plans, including the reporting of the results of their activities;
- Analyze and share the latest developments of the use of new types of data sources and tools (e.g. big data, AI) for sustainable development to UN Country Team;
- Coordinate monitoring and reporting of UN Country Team results in line with the UNPAF cycle, such as at annual review meeting, mid-term review, and the final review of the five years;
- Provide quality assurance of results reporting on UNPAF to the national partners, including the government, civil society and others
- Develops and expands strategic research and data partnerships (30%)
- Support the engagement by UN Country Team with relevant government entities to strengthen national data and statistical systems;
- Provide substantive support to the UNCT’s Partnerships & Data SDG Results Group’s efforts in supporting the Royal Thai Government in defining indicators and collecting data on SDGs and reporting the progresses made;
- Expand RC/UN Country Team’s partnerships with academia, research institutions, the private sector, government entities, and UN agencies on data collection and project/research implementation;
- Support the expansion of knowledge-sharing networks in Thailand, such as through designing workshops or establishing forums on experts in data management, monitoring, evaluation, and research;
- Act as Thailand focal for country-level, regional and global monitoring and evaluation initiatives and networks within the UN system and outside of the UN system.
- Coordinates monitoring and reporting of UNCT results (25%)
- Support the development and implementation of quality assurance and peer review mechanisms for UN Country Team’s knowledge products, such as joint research, annual reports, and mid-term report;
- Provide technical supports on empirical analysis, data mining, and visualization to assist the RC/UN Country Team in developing reports and other knowledge products for experts and public;
- Assist in the mid-term review of the UNPAF as a key element of the UNPAF cycle, and other interagency work related to monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Coordinate with the RCO staff, especially the Communication and Advocacy officer, to disseminate the information collected through data management and monitoring to partners and public.
- Supports knowledge management and capacity development (15%)
- Provide technical advice to UN Country Team on adequate tools and methodologies for data management and monitoring in Thailand;
- Contribute to capacity development through organizing trainings and facilitating peer exchange amongst UN Country Team members on issues related UN strategic planning frameworks, methodologies and tools;
- Facilitate the exchanges of useful tool, experiences, challenges, and other information within the UN Country Team, with UN Country Teams in other countries, with monitoring and evaluation colleagues in regional and HQ levels at regional or global meetings and online platforms.
- Professionalism: Ability to conduct independent research and analysis on sustainable development topics, determine suitability, validity and accuracy of data provided by different sources. Shows skill in developing sources for data collection. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning and Organizing: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Accountability: Delivers outputs within prescribed time and quality standards.
- Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas;
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, ideally in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- Good overall knowledge of socio-economic indicators as related to Thailand, and familiarity with data sources in Thailand is required.
- Experience in working on analysis, data and monitoring with a think-tank or academic institution is desirable.
- Experience with project/programme monitoring, design of logical frameworks/theory of change is desirable.
- Able to apply a gender perspective in analysis and data, and deal with gender disaggregated data.
- Able to work in a diverse team, with good communication skills and a collaborative approach
Language: Fluent Thai and English. Should have good writing skills in English.
 Available at http://www.un.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ENG-UNPAF-2017-2021.pdf
 Available at https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/1473546?ln=en
 More information at https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld
 Available at http://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/RES/72/279
Interested candidates should submit applications online with UN personal History Form (P11) by 21 February 2019
This position is open for Thai nationals only.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Contact : https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=20890
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager