Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 10 Feb 2019
View : 488
Deadline : 22 / February / 2019
Open to External Candidates
Position Title : Community Stabilization and Communications Intern
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : Internship (THB 12,018 per month)
Type of Appointment : Internship Contract, 3-month contract
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 February 2019
Reference Code : CFCV005/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Project and Communications Assistant and Media and Communications Officer, and the overall supervision of the Project Officer, Community Stabilization Unit (CSU) of IOM Thailand, the successful candidate will be working on two areas of work – community stabilization and communications. The successful candidate will contribute to the planning and implementation of the project “Promoting stability, well-being and harmony for Myanmar Muslim and host communities in Thailand”. In addition, he/she will work on all communications and media-related activities in IOM Thailand, including the establishment and building of relations with Thai-language news agencies.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support project staff to produce project communication materials and arrange logistics for the “Promoting stability, well-being and harmony for Myanmar Muslim and host communities in Thailand”
- Assist the Project Officer in compiling information on national law, policy and practice in Thailand to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in 5 key sectors (Health, Legal aid, Protection, Education and Livelihood).
- Assist Project and Communications Assistant and Media and Communications Officer in preparing for and attending meetings and conferences, including preparation of presentations, documents in Thai and English, drafting of meeting notes, taking minutes, preparation of agenda and logistics.
- In coordination with the project staff in Bangkok and sub-offices, assist in editing, publishing and managing distribution of documents produced by the project team and draft correspondence and provide translation of documents and other communications/materials as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
Communications and Media
- Assist in establishing relations with major Thai-language print and broadcast media based in Bangkok;
- Assist in writing, research, editing, sourcing, collating, and/or rewriting news stories, press releases and web features related to IOM’s work in Thailand;
- Assist in the production of information sheets and presentations;
- Support the promotion of IOM activities through social and traditional media;
- Assist in media relations and providing support to media;
- Assist in translation work from English to Thai and vice versa;
- Support the planning, logistics and organization of events, exhibitions, meetings, seminars, trainings and workshops when needed;
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in law, international relations, communications, political science, social science, or relevant field
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment and respect diversity
- Working experience or knowledge in migration issues for non‐governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions is a strong asset
- Proven written and analytical skills
- Proven ability to produce quality work to set deadlines.
- Team work oriented but with a capacity to work independently
- Good writing and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Design skills will be a strong asset
Fluency in English and Thai is required.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code CFCV005/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from thailand.iom.int);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.02.2019 to 22.02.2019
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator