Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Feb 2019
View : 831
Deadline : 25 / February / 2019
TITLE: Eat, Play, Love, & Read (EPLR) Project Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year (Possible 2 years of extension)
Save the Children will be implementing a new three-year project in the Southern most provinces of Thailand to support children’s early development through improved parent support and access to books. Specifically targeting Pattani-Malay children aged 0-3. The project seeks to provide these children with the best possible start in life through an innovative approach to integrated ECD. We will work with ECD and maternal and child health practitioners to improve the knowledge and practice of parents and caregivers, both female and male, in integrated ECD for children age 0-6. In this approach, a holistic view of child development is adopted, which includes addressing the need for adequate nutrition (EAT), early stimulation (PLAY), nurturing care (LOVE) and improved home learning and caregiver interactions around emergent literacy and numeracy (READ). The project is envisaged as an opportunity to pilot innovative approaches to improving development trajectories for the most vulnerable children; rigorous MEAL and integrated learning strategies will provide evidenced learning on integrated ECD.
The project officer will be responsible for supporting the project implementation, research, monitoring and evaluation in the field. The project officer will coordinate project activities at the field level in coordination with project partners, co-lead on the parent training program, and closely support the book distribution component. The project officer will also be responsible for data collection and consolidating data for learning and reporting purposes, and for administrative and finance support to the project coordinator and partners.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: EPLR Project Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Indirect : Education Specialist – Bangkok office
Budget Responsibilities: Supports budget planning and monitoring
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Implementation and Support:
- With support from the FR Coordinator, develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan. Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the FR Coordinator and addressed in a timely manner way.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation.
- Directly lead and support the parent training component of the project.
- Support the book development and distribution component of the project.
- Support the coordination and implementation of the research and learning component of the project as required
- Liaise with local stakeholders (religious leaders, government, CBOs etc.) to ensure the smooth implementation of the project
- Work with communities (parents, etc.) and disseminate information about FR issues and available services.
- Work with implementing partners for effective implementation of the other aspects FR project.
- Support planning and logistics of capacity building training workshops for the FR project
- Keep proper records of field expenditures when appropriate and report on these to the FR Coordinator.
- Ensure that the FR project is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with SC’s procedures.
Planning, Reporting, Monitoring and Learning:
- Ensure that all project data is properly and regularly collected, check data and ensure that it is logically presented to the FR Coordinator and Education Senior Specialist
- Support the planning, logistics and coordination of the learning workshops
- Collect and compile project data based on the standard formats and submit regular reports capturing learning and project indicator data to the FR Coordinator
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress and/or project evaluation when and as requested
Collaboration and Representation:
- Represent Save the Children in a professional manner.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, local leaders, and partners, and participate in relevant meetings.
- Collaborate with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai nationality
- College qualification and minimum of 3 years professional experience with education or child development work
- Experience implementing high quality training activities with vulnerable communities, preferably related to child development
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education and child development.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to the remote locations and work long hours at times.
- Fluency in Pattani Malay required
- Strong Thai language skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong monitoring and reporting skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- English language skills desirable
- Experience in projects to promote early childhood development highly desirable.
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
- Experience working in an international development organization is an asset.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: 25 February 2019
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Eat, Play, Love, & Read (EPLR) Project Officer_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : Hr.email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer