Organization : Jesuit Refugee Service
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 14 Feb 2019
View : 656
Deadline : 15 / March / 2019
Position Title: Programme Director, JRS Thailand
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: Regional Director
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an International Catholic agency with a mission to accompany, serve and defend the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. It is essentially a service-oriented organization offering direct assistance to refugees and internally displaced persons in Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. The style of service is direct and personal, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term well-being of refugees and displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. It offers opportunities to a wide variety of staff, local and international, while maintaining localized scheme of salary/stipend, insurance, benefits, etc.
In Thailand, JRS manages four projects spread throughout urban and rural areas serving refugees, asylum seekers and forcibly displaced persons. JRS Thailand has field offices in Bangkok and Mae Hong Son. The main areas of work include education, psychosocial services, livelihoods, and advocacy. For more information about JRS in Asia Pacific and Thailand, visit: http://www.jrsap.org
Overall Position Purpose:
The JRS Thailand Programme Director is responsible for the overall management and success of JRS programmes in Thailand ensuring fulfillment of the JRS mission, vision and values and promoting quality and standards established by the humanitarian sector. The Programme Director will supervise the Project Directors to provide coherent and strategic management support to project teams in programme planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL).
He/She will coordinate and report human resource, financial and administrative concerns to the Regional Director who will decide on these matters.
• Promotes the mission, vision and values of JRS in all JRS Thailand programmes
• Provides overall coordination and management support to JRS Thailand projects and ensures program quality and standard based on JRS and international humanitarian standards
• Supervises the Project Directors to ensure coherent and strategic support to project teams; Conducts annual performance appraisal of staff under his supervision and submits recommendation to the Regional Director
• Conducts regular meetings with the Project Directors and relevant staff at all levels to promote close collaboration & coordination; conducts trainings and capacity building activities with JRS Thailand staff as appropriate
• Ensures programmatic and financial viability of projects
• Works closely with the Country and Regional Teams (e.g. Information-Advocacy, Finance & Human Resources) in managing all related aspects of programmes
• Develops proposals, reports and related project documents for JRS and donors with Project Directors and other relevant staff at project, country and regional office levels
• Ensures full compliance of programmes with Thai government regulations and requirements
• Conducts regular monitoring, evaluation and learning activities in coordination with the project teams;
• Represents JRS programmes in Thailand in CCSDPT, BEST consortium, Caritas network, donors and other JRS partnerships and collaboration; works closely with NGOs in Thailand, the Royal Thai government at national and local levels; represents JRS country office as delegated by the Regional Director
• Contributes to the publication of articles, brochures, etc. giving information related to the programmes
• Participates and acts as a resource person in country, regional & international meetings as requested
• Reports human resources, funding and administrative concerns with recommendations to the Regional Director
Qualifications & Experience:
• Fluent and excellent writing skills in English. Knowledge in Thai is an advantage.
• Advanced degree in Education, Social Work, International Development or related professional field
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in senior management position
• Experience of working with refugees is necessary.
• Working experience in Asia is an advantage.
• Computer literacy, being able to use Word, Excel, and Power Point programs
• Service-minded, patient, and self-motivated
• Good interpersonal, communication, managerial and diplomatic skills
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural and multi faith environment and able to deal with limited resources and challenges
This position offers a salary package with Medical and Accident group insurance, Life insurance, and other benefits. Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter and CV (including 3 references) and address how they satisfy the criteria described above.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by 15 March 2019.
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.orgผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer