Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 15 Feb 2019
View : 329
Deadline : 28 / February / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Project Assistant (Pre-Departure Orientation)
Duty Station : Mae Sot, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G4), (THB 61,967.50 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 February 2019
Reference Code : SVN007/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the general supervision of the Head of Operations in Bangkok and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Mae Sot, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for carrying out pre-departure orientation sessions for refugees being resettled to the U.S. and other resettlement countries.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Particularly, he/she will carry out the following duties:
- Providing pre-departure orientation sessions to refugees bound for the United States and other resettlement countries in various locations in Thailand.
- Adapt and update existing guidelines from the USRP/MMM as well as develop lesson plans in accordance with curriculum objectives.
- Assist in the on-going development of teaching materials supporting the objectives of the training curriculum.
- Participate in and contribute to teacher training and staff development seminars when required.
- Maintain and file class lists and submit statistics and/or reports as required.
- Perform interpretation / translation functions as needed.
- Arrange and schedule refugee students for attendance in pre-departure sessions.
- Prepare all logistics that is related to departure process as necessary for the arrangement of the sessions, including arranging transportation, camp passes, liaison with partner agencies, local authorities, as well as the camp commander and camp committee, arrangement of lunches for refugees (where applicable), arrange for child care, and classroom materials, etc.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Operations Assistant, assist operations colleagues in various duties that are related to movement process.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Education, Political or Social Sciences with at least two years of relevant work experience;
- Or, high school degree with at least four years of relevant work experience.
- One year of teaching and/or training experience
- Living experience in a Western country a distinct advantage; Experience in working with refugees, particularly with Burmese refugees; Experience in working in a cross-cultural setting; Experience with plane travel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results; Respect for diversity and creative thinking
- Ability and willingness to work within a camp setting under difficult circumstances; Must be able to travel extensively; Must be willing to relocate if necessary
- Computer/software literate, especially MS Office
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Karen and Thai.
- Knowledge of languages Burmese, Chin and/or Karenni is an advantage.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by February 28, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN007/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.02.2019 to 28.02.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org