Organization : Love Frankie
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 21 Feb 2019
View : 1139
Deadline : 1 / March / 2019
Love Frankie Job Specification
Job Title: Program Communications Officer
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start date: March 2019
Love Frankie is a Bangkok-based social change communication and research agency that specializes in supporting public and private sector organizations to design and implement social impact projects.
We design social and behaviour change campaigns across a broad range of issues including intolerance and hate speech, peace and conflict, digital literacy, migration, human trafficking, gender & LGBT rights, environmental protection, access to justice and governance. Our Bangkok-based team manages a range of projects across Thailand and the Asia-Pacific region.
We are seeking a Program Communications Officer to join a new multi-year project working with Thai citizens across the country, particularly in the Deep South to have deeper, more meaningful, and peaceful dialogue with each other and with government leading to positive actions that address their needs and grievances.
The Program Communications Officer will be based in Bangkok and will participate in the development of the overall project strategy and will develop and drive innovative community engagement approaches with a focus on establishing and developing collaborative relationships and two-way communications within key online and offline communities in the program ecosystem.
Key networks and relationships to be developed and nurtured include:
- Key Royal Thai Government stakeholders
- Civil Society Organisations
- University Partners
- Key stakeholders engaged in feedback mechanisms
- Media and private sector partners
- A network of technical consultants on key issues including advocacy and campaigning
The Program Communications Officer’s key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gaining and maintaining an in-depth understanding of key partners, namely governments and CSOs and their networks, including what their current communications approaches are and identifying how they can engage citizens on key issues more creatively and through new channels;
- Provide briefing papers ahead of key meetings to ensure the project team have sufficient background on key partners and what their current communications challenges and capacity gaps are;
- Building and maintaining a network of local partners, facilitating cross communication channels, assessing their capacity for collaboration in activities within the context of program goal and objectives; identifying key ‘moments’ for relationship development with the project team and network members e.g. certain events and public communications;
- Designing, managing and facilitating communications capacity building trainings and workshops in key strategic communication areas, including social movement building, campaigning, advocacy, audience targeting, social media strategy development, etc.
- Develop creative approaches to conveying messages and employing different tools to engage different groups including citizens to government, CSOs to government etc.;
- Develop and manage key materials including training curricula and educational modules to be incorporated into offline and online programs;
- Keeping abreast of national and regional gender and social inclusion developments and prepare and deliver written and oral briefings when requested;
- Supporting the design and dissemination of key program outputs including research outputs in appropriate formats to ensure they can be easily and sensitively absorbed by the different needs of key audiences and provide leadership on any related communications/materials development;
- Consulting regularly with Royal Thai Government Officials, local and international CSOs, universities and donors active in regions of focus on gender, social inclusion, development, political, security and access issues;
- Providing leadership in the design, facilitation and follow-up of key meetings (including attendees) to ensure partner meetings are efficient and effective for all parties;
- Ensuring timely written and oral presentation of assessments to key project partners; and;
- Other duties consistent with the overall focus of the assignment as assigned by their project supervisor and the Director of Love Frankie as appropriate.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Humanities, Communications, International Development or related field;
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge managing local / national public engagement projects; prior experience working with directly with Thai civil society groups, universities and/or the Thai government is a strong advantage;
- Relevant experience with project management with acute attention to detail;
- Strong facilitation skills including running workshops and trainings for a broad range of partners and/or research group moderation;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate complex sensitive social ideas to engage with a wide range of audiences and effectively report in to the regional management team and partners;
- A passion for bringing people together to learn from one another and promote the sharing of best practice;
- High levels of self-motivation and self-management; ability to plan and conduct work with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in Thai & English;
- Great stakeholder management & diplomacy skills with a broad spectrum of program partners including government, CSO, university and private sector partners;
- Great written communication and reporting skills.
- Experience in media, digital media and communications strategy and/or related fields;
- Experience with statistics, social media listening and other online analytics tools;
- Familiarity working in the non-profit or social impact sector on complex social issues like peace and conflict, gender and human rights and local governance issues;
- Familiarity with social and behavior change communications approaches.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March 2019. Please put “Application for Program Communications Officer” in the subject line of your email to us.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Seeking to hire as soon as possible, ideally candidates will be able to start employment in Bangkok, Thailand by 15 March 2019.
Contact : email@example.com