Organization : Mercy Corps
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Feb 2019
View : 1022
Deadline : 12 / April / 2019
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
In February 2017, in partnership with a local Thai organization, Mercy Corps began initiated the Hug Khao program to improve the incomes of 3,000 smallholder rice farmers in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand. The program focuses on enhancing smallholder productivity, building the capacity of farmer organizations to better serve their members and promoting good financial practices. Additionally, the program has a robust employee engagement objective for the program’s private sector partner.
Mercy Corps does not maintain a physical presence in Thailand. Instead, we partner with a local organization building their capacity to implement impactful programming. We accomplish this through accompaniment, tool and process development, cultivating program partners, strategic planning, and effective oversight, among other areas of capacity development.
The Program Advisor will provide overall field level leadership to the Hug Khao program in Ubon Ratchathani, ensuring that implementation reflects Mercy Corps’ approach to economic and agriculture development, the program’s strategic vision is carried out at the ground level and that the program meets its objectives on-time and within budget. S/he will thrive working independently and possess strong diplomacy skills to build credibility and trust with local partners. S/he will be required to establish effective oversight, guidance and support of our partner’s implementation team. S/he will support development and implementation of partner work plans, M&E plans, and program activities. The Program Advisor will coordinate with key stakeholders in Thailand, building a network of public and private partners that will work alongside our partner to support implementation. S/he will build a strong and flexible relationship with our corporate partner/donor to ensure that the program integrates a shared value approach.
- Strengthen current and cultivate new public and private partnerships to achieve program objectives.
- Lead development, start-up and implementation of Phase II of program.
- Co-develop, with program partners, monthly, quarterly and yearly program work plans.
- Write quarterly program reports capturing program activities, impact and lessons learned.
- Build the capacity of our local partners, particularly in the areas of program management, to ensure high quality programming.
Consultant Activities and Deliverables:
Strategy & Vision
- Provide overall field level leadership and strategic vision to all aspects of program development, implementation and management.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to program-wide strategy development.
- Support our local partner to leverage the program to refine and further their own strategic vision and mission.
- Provide leadership to increase coordination, collaboration, and communication between Mercy Corps and our local implementing partner.
- Create and maintain systems to ensure efficient and transparent capture of program data for management decision-making and timely and informative internal and external reporting.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members from both Mercy Corps and our local partner strive to achieve excellence.
- Identify opportunities for the design and development of concept notes and proposals for further programming and portfolio expansion.
- Ensure compliance to all Mercy Corps and Donor policies, procedures and guidelines that relate to the implementation of the program with limited supervision.
Program Design, Implementation and Management
- Support the integration of an ongoing volunteerism program within Hug Khao.
- Collaborate with partner to co-design yearly, quarterly, and monthly workplans for the program. Ensure work plans are designed collectively with Mercy Corps, partner staff and other key stakeholders.
- Support partner development of activity budgets.
- Lead regular team meetings focusing on work plan review/updates and to enhance team coordination/collaboration.
- Make on-site field visits regularly to provide technical back stopping and/or design recommendations.
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with private and public stakeholders that contribute towards program objectives.
- Build private sector partnerships that increase access to and knowledge about appropriate mechanized equipment, fertilizers, integrated pest-control and other important techniques and products.
M&E System Development
- Coordinate data gathering and management with partner staff and take overall responsibility for MEL.
- Write formal and informal reports on all aspects of program, with a high level of quality, in English and Thai, requiring minimal revision.
Reports Directly To: Hug Khao Program Manager
Works Directly With: Mercy Corps’ local consultants, Partner Staff, Mercy Corps technical units and regional teams and program stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience:
- BA/S or equivalent, preferable in agriculture, economic development, international development or other relevant field. MA/S in relevant field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience working in agriculture and economic development in Thailand with at least 2 years of program management experience. Private sector experience highly valued.
- High degree of computer literacy; Excel and Word skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with the private sector;
- Diplomacy skills, ability to navigate competing interests and ideas to find common ground;
- Experience working with farmer organizations, particularly rice cooperatives.
- Passion for working in agriculture development with demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm for continual learning and adapting within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment.
- Must be outgoing with exceptional inter-personal skills and ability to adapt socially and culturally to suit the needs of differing stakeholders.
- Willingness to spend much of the time in the field working closely with program target groups.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in M&E and lead writing reports.
- Full professional fluency in Thai and English required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong curiosity for understanding and working effectively through partnership. He/She will be an excellent communicator, multi-tasker, and able to work in ambiguous situations. He/She will be a tolerant and flexible individual able to work in difficult and stressful environments while maintaining a positive attitude.
Interested applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact : email@example.com