Organization : International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Mar 2019
View : 419
Deadline : 21 March 2019 / /
Job Title: Deputy Director of Operations
Reporting to : Country Director
Band/Level/Grade : 5B
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Established in 1975 to assist refugees from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, the IRC Thailand is one of the longest-running country programs. Operating from Bangkok and three field offices in Mae Hong Son, Mae Sot and Ratchaburi, the IRC provides health care, protection, legal and livelihoods services to approximately 90,000 Burmese living in the Thai-Myanmar refugee camps.
The Deputy Director of Operations is a part of Senior Management Team and oversees the field and support operations of the IRC’s program in Thailand. Reporting to the Country Director (CD), the role ensures the effective, efficient and compliant provision of Human Resources, Supply Chain, Information Technology and general administrative and transportation support services to achieve program goals. The Deputy Director of Operations is the primary liaison between the Thailand country program and all HQ operational support departments and ensures that all the necessary support systems, policies and procedures are rolled out, understood, and implemented by the relevant staff in all intervention locations. The Deputy Director of Operations also serves as the country program’s Security Focal Point.
Ensure operational team performance to effectively support IRC Thailand’s support to refugees.
• Support each operations department to define and achieve ambitious yet realistic goals in accordance with the IRC’s Strategic Action Plan and its global and local policies.
• Cultivate strong collaboration for efficient execution and quick troubleshooting of cross-departmental business processes.
• Guide operation department leads in institutionalizing new systems, policies and performance targets
• Represent operational departments’ achievements, priorities, plans and responsibilities in senior management decision-making.
• Adhere to and serve as a role model of the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct.
Line manage HR Coordinator, Senior IT Manager, Supply Chain Manager, and Office Support Manager; maintaining open and professional relations, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable them to successfully perform in their positions.
• Take responsibility for discussing supervisee job expectations, performance and objectives as necessary and in collaboration with regional Operational Leads
• Ensure timely submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
• If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the employment policies.
• Adhere to and serve as a champion of the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct.
Coordination & Representation
• Serve as an active member of the country program’s Senior Management Team and occasionally deputize for the Country Director when he/she is out of the country or on leave.
• Ensure proactive communication within the Regional Safety and Security Advisor, Regional Unit, HQ Support Departments and other offices as appropriate.
• Participate in international workshops and conferences that focus on IRC operations-strenthening
Budget Management and Cost Controls (in collaboration with Finance Controller):
• Working closely with CD and Financial Controller to develop annual Operations budget in coordination with functional heads.
• Manage and monitor operating support budget and ensure timely and compliant spending.
• Review and/or authorize financial documents as per the IRC Authorization Schedule.
• As requested by the Country Director, provide input to audit issues and corrective action plans.
Safety and Security
Serve as Security Focal Point for the Thailand country office.
• Regularly assess operational risk and propose appropriate mitigation measures
• Review and update the annual Security Management Plan and submit security incident reports to the Regional Safety and Security Advisor (RSSA).
• Ensure security orientations for new staff and visitors;
• Enforce all policies relating to safety and security (including vehicle and transport policies);
• Ensure staff calling tree is updated and distributed each month;
• Ensure reports are submitted as required to the Operating Context
Operating Context (in collaboration with the CD)
• Lead NGO registration and renewal process with the Royal Thai Government
• Liaise with local legal counsel on issues or cases that impact IRC operations in Thailand
• Review contracts to ensure validation and compliance with local labor laws.
• Negotiate cost-effective leases for IRC facilities
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Country Director IRC Thailand
Position Directly Supervises: Supply Chain Manager, Office Support Manager, HR Coordinator/Lead and Senior IT Manager.
Collaborates effectively with the Deputy Director of Programs, Finance Controller and the Field Coordinators to ensure strong implementation of country strategy and program implementation
• Degree in logistics, management, administration or related field.
• At least 10 years’ experience in operational management preferably with experience rolling out Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
• Proven ability to think strategically, focus on systems, and prioritize and meet deadlines in a challenging environment.
• Excellent leadership skills and a validated ability to develop harmonious and high-performing teams
• Previous substantial experience in at least three of the following fields: Project Management, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, Administration, Security, IT, Risk Management, Communication, Fleet Management, Government Liaison.
• Strong Tactics skills; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external partners in a sensitive environment.
• Experience in mentoring senior national staff.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Professional proficiency English and Thai.
The position will be based in the IRC office in Bangkok, with occasional travel to field offices.
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
The position has been posted on the IRC website and can be found here. Please apply via link below
Application Deadline : 21 March 2019
Contact : Human Resources Departmentผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator