Organization : Help without Frontiers Foundation Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Mar 2019
View : 719
Deadline : 21 / March / 2019
Join a meaningful team work for the right to education for Burmese migrants in Tak province.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, the Education Programme Manager will manage the proposal, creation, implementation, financial accounting, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation of all education projects at HwF. Supporting and supervise six staff, direct support to fourteen “Ray of Hope” (ROH) Migrant Learning Centers (MLCs), liaison with various partner and donor organisations including Ministry of Education in Thailand and Myanmar.
HwF has an extensive education program involving enrolment of out of school children, community outreach and education on the importance of education, providing pathways to accredited education, and increasing MLC self-sufficiency through the development of management and financial record keeping practices, strengthening of Parent Teacher Associations (PTA), and development of income generation projects.
In addition, we coordinate and implement initiatives on pathways to accredited education including NFPE and NFME (Non-Formal Education according to the Myanmar curriculum), Myanmar Grade 4 and Grade 8 Board Exam, as well as enrollment and transfer to Thai public school.
- Provide support, supervision and capacity building to staff within the Education Department.
- Allocate available resources to the various projects implemented out of her/his department, including vehicles, office equipment, offices, etc.
- Build collaboration with other NGOs, GOs and develop new partnerships that extend and improve the quality of education services for migrants in Mae Sot, Phop Phra and Mae Ramat
- Research, design and implement new educational projects the meets constituent’s need and education standards.
- Compile quarterly, mid-year and annual reports to partner and donor organisations according to agreements.
- Manage project budgets in cooperation with the finance department.
- Pay cash advance and clear monthly budget for fourteen MLCs; update monitoring spreadsheet.
- Prepare agenda for and chair monthly meeting with Headmasters from fourteen MLCs.
- Liaise with programme donors and coordinate donor visits alongside HwF Director and Grants Manager.
- Recruit staff, volunteers, and interns as needed.
- Oversee annual provision of student and teacher uniforms to fourteen MLCs and stationary distribution to all MLCs registered within Tak province.
- Conduct monthly internal Education programme meetings with staff; regular review of project plans and budgets.
- Review MLC requests for classroom / dormitory construction and renovation.
- Support development of income generating projects within MLCs.
- Ensure access to teacher training in partnership with local CBOs and NGOs, as well as Thai and Myanmar Ministries of Education.
- Hire outside financial compliance capacity assessor of MLCs under HWF support.
- Conduct yearly school agreement meetings with each MLC’s management, teachers and PTAs to ensure understanding of contract.
- Ensure implementation of HwF Child Safeguarding Policy alongside HwFs Child Protection Officer.
- Coordinate annual review and improvement of educational quality standards in MLCs using Educational Quality Framework (EQF).
- A university degree in education, development, social studies or other related field
- At least 3 years working experience in the education sector;
- Extensive knowledge about the situation and challenges for migrants in Tak province
- Management / supervisory experience ;
- Advanced skills in financial management and budgeting;
- Strong interpersonal skills, patient and good communicator;
- Accountability and the ability to deliver assigned tasks on a high standard and in time;
- Can perform well under pressure, including the occasional weekend assignment;
- Flexibility to meet changing programme demands;
- Ability to create trust in work relations and to work effectively as part of a team;
- Teaching experience;
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and with people from a diversity of regions, professional backgrounds and levels of authority;
- Willingness to travel, as required;
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel, Google Docs;
- Ability to speak, read, and write in professional English.
- Thai or Burmese language ability is desired, but not a requirement for this position.
Qualified candidates should submit:
Please submit your CV, a cover letter with salary expectations (all documents in English) as well as 3 references (including email address and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2019.
Expected starting date is April 15, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager