Organization : Doctors without Borders Thailand (DWBT)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Mar 2019
View : 470
Deadline : 25 / March / 2019
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Doctors without Borders Thailand (DWBT) is a Thai company working to increase access to mental health in Thailand. DWBT is neutral, impartial and is solely medical in nature with no religious, political or human rights objectives.
DWBT is conducting a project to primarily provide mental health services for victims of violence, including basic mental health, medical and physiotherapy services and an appropriate system of referral where needed. The project is based in the Deep South of Thailand. DWBT will work to strengthen the existing mental health system and to build local capacity through trainings and the provision of mental health services primarily focusing on those affected by the conflict.
DWBT is a non-political, non-religious medical organisation and does not discriminate based on religion, race, political affiliation or sex.
TERMS OF REFERENCES
Location: Based in Pattani with regular travel to Yala and Narathiwat provinces
Contract period: Long term with 3 month probation period
Organogram Hierarchically and functionally under the supervision of the Mental Health Activity Manager
Justification of the position
To supervise the daily activities of the mental health team (clinical psychologists, counsellors and social workers) and to act as the overall technical liaison between the project and local stakeholders.
Main objectives/responsibilities of the position
- Supervise the mental health and psychosocial (MHPS) activities with target groups
- Supervise the work of clinical psychologists, counsellors and social workers
- Coordinate with the mental health team to insure quality implementation of MHPS activities in the project
- The person is obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information about beneficiaries, personnel and the program
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Participate in the planning, organization, supervision and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager and other team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health DWBT programs and activities.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to DWBTprotocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Offer clinical therapy supervision to mental health counselors and psychologists in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Assist and train psychosocial Community workers, counsellors, psychologists and other staff members and resourceful people from the community, when required
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services to other professionals, whenever necessary
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with functioning of the counseling centers.
- Visit beneficiaries at home in order to assess needs and follow up evolution when required.
- Provide (individual and group) psychological support/therapy to patients according to DWBTprotocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality, when needed.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH Activity Manager
- Make regular reports of work to the supervisor.
- Provide psycho-education or other psychosocial activities to the community, when required
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and regular supervision sessions
- Maintain at all times a respectful attitude towards population, patients, colleagues and other Professionals and staff
- Ensure that medical staff maintains impartiality, integrity and confidentiality as per DWBT standards.
- Communicate, coordinate with the medical part of the program, guaranteeing a integrated, multidisciplinary, holistic approach
Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology. A master’s degree in clinical psychology is a strong asset.
Languages: Fluency in Thai and English (writing and speaking). Knowledge of Malay language is a strong asset
Experience: Strong technical/ clinical experience in mental health, clinical diagnosis and providing counselling and psychotherapeutic sessions.
Experience working in violent context is a plus.
Comprehensive knowledge of the local context
Experience as supervisor, managing people
- Proven communication and social skills (attentive listening, opened attitude, empathy, respect, sensitivity, patience)
- Established organisational and team work skills
- Initiative, flexibility, creativity and analysis capacity
- Adjustment to changes capacity
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Essential knowledge of different therapeutic techniques
- Interest in helping vulnerable people
- Experience in developing capacity and awareness in mental health
Other: Dynamic, creative, flexible
Willingness and available to travel between provinces
Base salary of 42,106THB per month, 13th month salary (pro-rate), health benefit package
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV, cover motivation letter and three referees under the reference “MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR - DWBT” to Pattanifirstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th March 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Contact : email@example.comเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer