Organization : The Borderland Health Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 14 Mar 2019
View : 475
Deadline : 28 / March / 2019
The Borderland Health Foundation (BHF) is a non-for-profit, non-confessional and non-political organization, registered in Thailand. The BHF is linked to field stations of the Mahidol - Oxford University Research Unit ( SMRU Clinics ) which located at Mae Sod, Mae Ramard, Pob Prah, Tha Song Yang and Umpang district in Tak province, Thailand. The BHF works with marginalized populations along the Thailand-Myanmar border on Health care services and Public health related issues and the main areas of work are malaria, tuberculosis and maternal & child health.
BHF is currently looking for:
Job title: Accountant Assistant
Supervisor: BHF Manager
Location: Mae Sot. The person may occasionally be required to travel to field clinics for work.
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Maintain and update the accounting records of the organization by keeping the cash and bank accounts in Excel.
- Collect all invoices and other documents, prepare receipts and payment vouchers, obtain the necessary approvals and keep the files of all accounting records.
- Hold the petty cash, make payments out of petty cash and arrange payments by the bank after receiving the necessary approval and documentation.
- Monitor the balance of cash and request reimbursement of the petty cash account from the bank when required.
- Reconcile the accounts to the bank statements and cash counts on a regular basis (at least monthly).
- Maintain communication with the external accounting firm and with the SMRU finance department as necessary in order to solve all financial issues, including resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Provide financial information to the staff of BHF and SMRU as required, responding to requests and inquiries including about payroll, benefits, expenses and other bookkeeping duties.
- Follow the established procedures of BHF and ensure that all staff are aware of the financial procedures to be followed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, budgets and other financial reports by providing related documentation, preparing various accounting summaries and reports, and compiling statistics.
- Work with funding and program staff to monitor budgets and spending.
- Assist in program related activities including meetings, training, distributions, field visits etc. as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Diploma level education in finance and accounting, or at least 3 years work experience in a related field.
- Confident in using a computer including Microsoft applications, with at least 1 year experience in working with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in organizing financial data and providing reports.
- Fluent in Thai and able to communicate in at least basic English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated and able to work under pressure
- Understanding of humanitarian work and sharing the humanitarian values of the organization
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of day to day work and help colleagues in the organization.
- Good level of English
- Ability to communicate in Karen
- Accounting qualification
- Experience of working in an NGO
How to apply
Application letter and most recent CV should be submitted to:
The Borderland Health Foundation
68/30 Bantung Road
Mae Sot, Tak 63110
Deadline for application : 28th March 2018. However, the application will be closed as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview process.
Contact : email@example.com