Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 15 Mar 2019
View : 133
Deadline : 20 / March / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Laboratory Technician
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand (2 positions)
Classification : General Service Staff (G4), (THB 61,967.50 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, 6 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 20 March 2019
Reference Code : SVN010/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Laboratory Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) the incumbent will be responsible for technical support to laboratory services with respect to Migration Health Assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Division in country Bangkok, Thailand
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform laboratory procedures as assigned by the laboratory supervisor for pre-examination, examination and post-examination activities through the use of the standard relevant equipment.
- Ensure standards and the quality of laboratory procedures by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to biosafety measures adopted in the laboratory, minding the safety of oneself and others.
- Organize and operate activities on assigned station for accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results.
- Perform quality control activities for assigned stations and document results as required.
- Facilitate in maintenance of laboratory equipment in good working order and operate equipment appropriately following SOPs.
- Facilitate in laboratory stock management and monitor that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated work.
- Facilitate to maintenance of established system of organized record keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation to operational research.
- Participate in the development and updating of SOPs as needed.
- Participate in the improvement of the service system according to adopted work plan in the laboratory.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline.
- At least two years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory;
- Relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations;
- Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performance; and,
- Good awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optimal use of resources for quality and efficient services delivery.
Fluency in English and Thai are required.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN010/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 13.03.2019 to 20.03.2019
Contact : email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer