Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Mar 2019
View : 1039
Deadline : 28 / March / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Operations Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G4), (THB 61,967.50 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, 6 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 March 2019
Reference Code : SVN012/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission in Bangkok Thailand, and the direct supervision of the Head of Operations, the incumbent shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organizations movement activities.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Particularly, he/she will carry out the following duties:
- Provide clerical support for all administrative and operational arrangements related to the movements from Thailand and the Region covered by Thailand, to all destinations, upon receipt of their travel documents and booking requests with a particular focus to movements to, Europe, New Zealand and other United States of America.
- Ensure booking requests are acknowledged, and movement request project budget line is verified. Confirm that all self-payer cases costs are prepaid prior to making any travel arrangements.
- Ensure all beneficiaries are travel ready, medically cleared and in possession of relevant travel documents, visas and exit permits.
- Arrange/make bookings in AMADEUS as per “best fare practice” (i.e. using the most convenient routing, the most competitive fares & the availability of the correct booking class.) and as per guidelines outlined in the MMM (Movement Management Manual and the HIT – handbook of International Tariffs.)
- Prepare and submit the Advance Booking Notifications (ABN) and domestic bookings report, as per established movement procedures and request for the relevant Transit Visa waivers.
- Request relevant tickets or PTA (Prepaid Ticket Advice) and create the corresponding Ticket Order Record (TOR) in GATOR (Global Airline Ticket Order Record).
- Update the PF status to depart on the day after departure and forward departure notification to all relevant recipients.
- Forward completed PF file to Post departure team for invoice settlement and file closure.
- Act as department focal points for International staff travel bookings and update and maintain relevant Staff travel files to include copies of all approved Travel Authorization (TA)
- Directly responsible for the issuance of the monthly staff travel report.
- Act as the department focal person for AMADEUS and update and train staff members as requested.
- Undertake in country and out of country Traveling On Duty (TDY) as assigned.
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the Operations Officer(s).
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree and at least two years of relevant work experience.
- High school degree with at least four years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience in the use of Amadeus.
- Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related experience a strong advantage.
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a distinct advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize.
- Self-motivated and objective driven.
Fluency in English and Thai are required.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by March 28, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN012/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.03.2019 to 28.03.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org