Organization : Raks Thai Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Mar 2019
View : 229
Deadline : 29 / March / 2019
The fundamental principle of Raks Thai Foundation’s work has been engaging targeted communities or populations to build local capacity in responding to developmental or vulnerability issues that they are facing. Raks Thai Foundation has an origin of pioneering and testing new paths of civil society engagement in the development sector, with all work custom-designed on a project-by-project basis through comprehensive situation and problem analyses, and the application of appropriate and innovative evidence-based interventions. In most cases Raks Thai project staff are qualified persons selected from the regions where the community programs are located. This allows Raks Thai to implement socially acceptable, locally-driven projects not limited by cultural or language barriers.
Raks Thai has focused on five programmatic areas that include environment and natural resources (also including community adaptation to climate change), health (focusing on selected communicable diseases and reproductive health), livelihood (with a strong emphasis on women’s economic empowerment), children and youth (leadership and occupation skills, fighting forms of violence), and humanitarian response.
The Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) team is an independent team that is outside of direct project management. The role of the DMEL team is to provide technical advice to project leads and ensure that accurate evidence is collected and recorded for decision making and reporting purposes. Additionally, the DMEL team is leading the organization-wide capacity building for DMEL activities with an emphasis on cross-programme learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
The DMEL Programme Assistant (PA) will be support the DMEL team with conducting ongoing health & social research including DMEL activities in Raks Thai Foundation’s Program Quality Department. The position will work with respective program leads and quality assurance team to ensure projects are implemented efficiently and effectively, and demonstrating impact to the target beneficiaries. This includes supporting teams to design research tools, monitor implementation, maintain accurate project databases, interpreting evidence to inform programmatic decision-making, and most importantly taking a lead role in coordinating between Bangkok and field offices for DMEL activities. Specific duties may include:
- Act as a coordinating role for the Raks Thai Participatory Learning Platform to maintain engagement of participants and organize associated events and communication
- Assist in organizing training sessions related to project cycle, proposal development, data collection and analysis
- Support the DMEL team and organization with information management and project tracking, and maintain database using Excel and the Raks Thai Project Data System
- Support with monitoring project activity implementation and progress toward achieving outcomes by Raks Thai’s sub-offices and sub-recipients.
- Support the development of tools to collect qualitative and quantitative evidence and engage in research. This includes site-visits to oversee use of tools by field implementing staff.
- Prepare translations from Thai to English, particularly toolkits and guides from CARE International
- Engage in ongoing research and review of available on best practices in development.
- Contribute to routine donor reporting according to specific project timelines by drafting reports, reviewing data, providing input and recommendations.
- Willingness to engage in broader organizational development and other DMEL tasks as they arise
Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences, Health, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, Political Science, or Development
- At least 2 years of experience in development with a focus on project management, monitoring and evaluation or learning - preferably with CSOs or INGOs.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience working on development projects relating to HIV, TB and Malaria. Experience in reproductive health, migration, and human rights will be an advantage.
- Experience coordinating activities with multiple stakeholders and following up with stakeholders relating to deadlines or expected participation/contribution.
- Some experience in health or social research which includes development of methodology and research tools – preferably with CSOs or INGOs.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to conduct or coordinate capacity building initiatives
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, statistics analysis experience on evaluation of data, as well as, experience in updating data indicator in web system
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Well-developed analytical and writing/presentation skills;
- Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues or different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Interest in social issues, global development and community development, particularly for key populations including migrants, people who inject drugs, men who have sex with men and gay men, and transgender persons.
Fluency in Thai and working proficiency in English.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org