Organization : International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Mar 2019
View : 403
Deadline : 2 / April / 2019
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok seeks to appoint a:
Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 191 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) covers four countries namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam and operates as one joint team to support each country’s National Society and partners.
The Support Services department covers all traditional support services functions including the Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Logistics, Information technologies (IT), Legal support and Security support. All team members cooperate closely to provide efficient support services based on Federation’s standards of quality, competitive cost and time criteria. All team members deliver efficient support services to various stakeholders at all levels in the CCST such as all programme teams, Federation’s visitors, Partner National Societies, National Societies and country teams.
The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Manager and follows the technical direction of the Regional Finance Unit Senior Finance Analyst.
The Finance Assistant assists the Finance Manager in performing all key general financial duties and provides finance support services to the Country Cluster Support Team and to Partner National Societies.
He/She assists the Finance Manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies and regulations.
He / She contributes to the achievement of the Federation’s Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Process and verify all finance documents
- Perform daily entries (in-tray documents) into the accounting system (CODA), with complete, accurate and validated data that are ready for posting to books.
- Record (in-tray) account payable and invoices in the correct period.
- Review requests for payments: verify accuracy of calculation and completeness of supporting document.
- Follow up the account statement from suppliers, check the ageing every month end and report to the Finance Manager
- Process and record credit note in the balance sheet.
- Verify invoices against supplier’s contract before processing payments.
- Prepare forms to request creation of new suppliers.
- Prepare month end closing as per the given dateline.
- Prepare reconciliations each month including petty cash, working advance to NS Bilateral, working advance local staff and reconciliation of house deposit.
- Match supplier invoices with correct payment voucher into the accounting system (CODA).
- Run the revaluation of exchange rate for all accounts at month end and record each forex gain/loss to the respective projects.
- File all accounting documents in accordance with the IFRC filing system and ensure the documents are sent to the regional finance unit (RFU) by the second week of each month.
- Undertake petty cash transactions (payment and receipts) for THB currency and ensure documents are stamped “paid” once paid
- Prepare petty cash journals using correct accounting codes and do the data entry into CODA system
- Making sure cash box is kept in the safe every day and combination locked
- Ensure sufficient original supporting documents, programme managers approval and compliance to IFRC finance procedure are all in place before making cash payment
- Undertake cash counts and reconciliation to journal balance daily
- Process cash payments without delay
- Contact the Bank when required
- Prepare bank transaction for intra-account replenishment and submit to Finance Manager
- Prepare electronic banking transactions for Thailand and Cambodia and submit to Finance Manager
- Prepare forms for modification of bank signatories and submit to Finance Manager
- Update supplier list in e-banking system and submit to Finance Manager
Working Advance (National Society, delegate & national staff)
- Verify working advances requests match Federation procedure
- Process working advance (WA) to national Society, delegates/local staff on time
- Reconcile the clearance of working advances according to Federation finance procedure (WA slip is signed when the money is given & returned, mission request form attached as evidence for request of WA for staff, reconciliation approved by budget holder and authorised persons, etc)
- Maintain an efficient and up to date filing of working advance system to National Societies in accordance with Federation procedure
Partner National Society (PNS) support
- Process bilateral transactions ensure all expenses are invoiced each month as per IFRC price list and follow up with PNS on the outstanding balances
- Prepare draft PNS invoice.
- Provide ad-hoc support to Finance and Admin Officer for procurement tasks by preparing requests for quotations, preparing purchases requests and preparing competitive bid analysis
- Request F-codes for new suppliers to KL
- Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Provide assistance in case of long-term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure finance services’ continuity
- Advise proactively the Finance Manager on systems and process improvement that will contribute to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting tasks.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Diploma or Degree in finance and accounting
- Experience in accounting and finance role
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing)
- Able to work as a part of team
- Native speaker in Thai and good command of English
- Salary range: Monthly Thai Baht 32,000 to 45,000 based on qualifications and professional experience
Interested candidates are requested to Create an account before applying. Please find the link for job application below:
Apply here for IFRC Finance Assistant
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 2 April 2019
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
Contact : 02-661 8201 - HR