Organization : Asylum Access Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 23 Mar 2019
View : 453
Deadline : 8 / April / 2019
Innovative Human Rights NGO Seeks
Finance Coordinator in Bangkok, Thailand
About Asylum Access
Asylum Access is a leading refugee human rights organization headquartered in Oakland, CA with substantial operations in three countries plus partnerships in additional countries across Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Asylum Access is the only global organization working to make human rights a reality for refugees in first countries of refuge. Asylum Access envisions a world where refugees are seen as people with rights, not just people with needs. Asylum Access believes that by empowering refugees to assert their human rights, we can create effective, lasting solutions for refugees around the world.
Through Asylum Access Global Services, we partner with national and international NGOs in Africa, Asia (including the Middle East) and Latin America to help them replicate relevant aspects of Asylum Access’s model. Through Asylum Access Global Services, we aim to create a world where refugees can participate in national economies, communities and civic spaces wherever they find themselves, building new lives in safe homes.
The Finance Coordinator assists Asylum Access Thailand’s (AAT) National Director in the support of financial processes. In addition, the Finance Coordinator will work closely with AAHQ’s Global Financial Associate Director and Accountant as well as the AAT leadership Team to update the working budget and to maintain financial processes in accordance with Asylum Access policies and procedures.
- Serve as the nonprofit finance subject matter expert with respect to the office’s financial system.
- Ensure all AAT staff members adhere to Asylum Access Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Serve as the Accountant Reviewer of AAT by reconciling bank accounts, current asset accounts, and liabilities.
- Be responsible for the management of prepaids, accruals, deposits, and other balance sheets accounts, as needed.
- Lead financial trainings for new staff or on organizational financial updates.
- Provide monthly updates on AAT finances to the Country Director and leadership team.
- Ensure AAT maintains strong financial and accounting internal controls to ensure the reliability of financial reports. Propose enhancing internal controls, where needed.
- Ensure compliance with the financial management of grant agreements and ensure control of spending and compliance with their regulations.
- Supervise the allocations of expenditures to grantors to ensure that costs are allowable.
- Advise senior management on financial-related issues, including departmental overspending/underspending or mismanagement of organizational funds.
- Closely monitor departmental resources through the use of financial tools to ensure that department budget holders stick to the resources allocated to their budget.
- Closely monitor cash inflows and outflows.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit which includes preparation and review of documentation requested by external auditors. Liaise with the external auditors, prepare responses to audit findings, and implement audit recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of process flows and internal controls.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, including cost allocation, and forecasting discussions.
- Liaise closely with AAHQ Finance Director on areas regarding, grant budgeting, grant reporting, cash liquidity, internal controls, and global audit.
- Manage month-end grant expense allocations.
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis, reports, compliance, and project work.
- Assist with year-end org-wide closing activities.
- Assist with formulation of and adherence to department budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or another relevant subject.
- Significant working experience of or detailed understanding of the refugee context and framework in Thailand
- Experience in developing and delivering financial tools, training programs and procedural guidelines
- At least 5-year experience in financial work
- Demonstrated understanding of process flows and internal controls
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to take ownership of projects, manage multiple deadlines, and work effectively with a high attention to detail.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive, and related tools (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- Native Thai speaker and fluent English is essential.
Hours and Location of Work
The Finance Coordinator is a full-time position based in our offices in Bangkok, Thailand. Candidates should be aware that some flexibility regarding working hours is required in order to take out of hours calls and meetings with international colleagues.
Position comes with a competitive nonprofit salary in the range of 50,000 - 60,000 THB per month (negotiable), and a robust benefits package.
Application Instructions to Candidates
Send your resume, cover letter and a concise writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Coordinator AAT”. In your cover letter, please describe your reasons for applying, relevant qualifications, preferred start date, preferred work location and how you learned about the position.
Asylum Access is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about our organization, visit www.asylumaccess.org