Organization : Chemonics
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 25 Mar 2019
View : 423
Deadline : 24 / April / 2019
Chemonics seeks a supply chain technical advisor for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain: Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program in Thailand and Laos. This activity is supported by the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative. Through this support, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative and its partners will implement malaria control interventions in Thailand and Laos primarily through the management and distribution of vital commodities to vulnerable populations.
GHSC-PSM has a small project office based in Bangkok, Thailand, with a team of three staff — a supply chain technical advisor, a malaria advisor, and an operations manager — who provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and partners to strengthen the countries’ capacity in supply chain management for malaria prevention, rapid response to malaria pandemic or outbreak, and timely availability of quality malaria medicines.
The supply chain technical advisor will be responsible for working with the Ministry of Public Health (Thailand), Ministry of Health (Laos), USAID, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative’s implementing partners, and other malaria stakeholders to develop national forecasting and quantification, and identification of malaria commodities gaps for both countries. The supply chain technical lead will serve as a focal point of and clearing house for malaria commodity information and act as a resource for national malaria control programs and the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative’s implementing partners.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand, with occasional travel within Thailand and Laos. This is a full-time project-based position that will be renewed annually based on USAID funding. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the development and implementation of annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
- Lead coordination of supply chain management technical activities related to malaria commodities in Thailand and Laos
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders, including USAID and local government counterparts
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Ministry of Health and other implementing partners on forecasting and supply plan development activities for malaria health commodities, systems strengthening, the track and trace system, and the electronic logistics management information system to ensure that Ministry of Health staff are equipped with the skills required to address supply chain needs
- Work with implementing partners, donor agencies, and development partners to identify malaria commodities gaps and strengthen/address the bottlenecks of supply chain management issues
- Ensure compliance with procurement standard operating procedures, including supplier order fulfillment, order tracking, customs clearance/freight forwarding, storage and distribution, and logistics management information systems
- Identify and coordinate training and capacity building activities on malaria supply chain management to local counterparts, including the topics of commodity quantification, forecasting, and supply planning related to malaria
- Monitor malaria commodities procurements and follow up with in-country partners regarding any issues with ongoing U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative procurements, including liaising with local government stakeholders and donor agencies
- Maintain regular communication channels with USAID/the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative on the status of procurements and other supply chain management issues and serve as a main point of contact to provide up-to-date quantification data and forecasting numbers
- Ensure that positive relationships and regular communication are maintained within the field office and between the field and home offices
- Advanced degree in international development, supply-chain management, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in public health, pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems
- Knowledge of international donor environment; experience managing USAID-funded health programs preferred
- Experience in medical procurements, logistics management information systems, and supply chain management (particularly logistics management of health commodities)
- Knowledge of quantification, forecasting, and supply planning
- Experience improving the capacity of sub-national supply chain staff, creating efficiencies, and leading operational transformation in public health programs
- Knowledge of information technology solutions in supply chains
- Good data management skills and experience using inventory tracking systems and information systems
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and spoken Thai and English language skills required; Lao language skills desirable
Submit your cover letter and a copy of your updated CV to https://chemonicsinternationalinc-iqlqr.formstack.com/forms/ghscpsm_thailand_supply_chain_technical_advisor by April 14, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
Contact : https://www.chemonics.com/jobs/supply-chain-technical-advisor-i-southeast-asia-i-2019/