Organization : ICRC
Type : Other / อื่นๆ
Date : 26 Mar 2019
View : 867
Deadline : 19 / April / 2019
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Communication Officer based in Pattani
The position holder will have the following responsibilities:
- The Communication Officer contributes to designing, planning and implementing communication projects and activities in coordination with the management of the structure in Pattani and the Communications Manager in Bangkok. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and building the necessary understanding and acceptance of and support for the ICRC among stakeholders.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Contributes to defining communication objectives, strategies and plans of action for the structure covering the Southern Border Provinces (SBPs) in line with the field structure’s priorities and/or the delegation’s communication strategy.
- Produces content (features stories, photos, content for social media, audio-visual material, and others) to be used for communication/public communication purposes aiming at enhancing the image and acceptance of the ICRC in the SBPs, in close collaboration with the communication team/Communications Manager in Bangkok and under the supervision of the Head of structure for the SBPs.
- Develops/updates presentations about the ICRC and the different activities in the SBPs to be used by COM and by other departments.
- Manages the print production and stock needs of the different departments in close coordination with the print production officer in Bangkok.
- Produces high quality translations and interpretations from English to Thai and vice-versa for various ICRC texts as per the needs of the structure, in close coordination with the Language Specialist in Bangkok.
- Drafts letters or needed documents both in English and Thai using the appropriate ICRC terminology.
- When needed, contributes to developing tools for operational communication, community engagement, public and digital communication or other COM programmes to be implemented in the SBPs.
- Represents the ICRC to various audiences in order to ensure the appropriate level of acceptance and trust.
- Maintains and develops network with the media and other relevant stakeholders and supports the Environment Scanning officer based in Bangkok in monitoring political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues relevant to ICRC’s reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the SBPs.
Your education and experience:
- University degree or equivalent in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Fluent spoken and excellent writing skill in Thai & English.
- Computer skills (proficiency with MS office); familiarity with digital communication tools.
- Certificate in interpretation or translation an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to communication or journalism (preferably in an international organization).
- Field experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian law or related fields an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in Thailand and the Southern Borders Provinces.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, with capacity to engage, persuade and influence others
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Open minded and adaptable, ability to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team
- Neat appearance, well developed writing and summarizing skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and in remote environment
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international context
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
Preferred starting date: ASAP
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(specify position name at your email title) Attn: Human Resources Department
Deadline for applications: 19 April 2019
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
Contact : email@example.com