Organization : IUCN
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Mar 2019
View : 510
Deadline : 16 / April / 2019
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, is seeking a qualified individual to join our Asia Regional Office.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, IUCN ARO Region, The Accountant will be responsible for general accounting functions in the Regional Finance Unit, which comprises of a team of staff and will work towards achieving the following:
The specific duties include:
1. Maintain and update general accounting records and files;
2. Attend to all other routine accounting functions and prepare reports for internal management and fulfill finance related requirements of the Asia Regional office and HQ;
3. Assist supervisor in reviewing the existing financial accounting systems, controls and procedures and where necessary, recommend appropriate improvement or revisions;
4. Assist supervisor in implementation of internal control system and/or other procedures recommended by HQ and /or auditors;
5. Support and provide guidance to the ARO Finance Assistants in performing their work as necessary;
6. Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time;
1. Checking all vouchers including bank payments, petty cash payments and journal vouchers, Special attention to be given to the documentation, approvals and coding;
2. Review and sign off all bank reconciliations on monthly basis. Ensure that petty cash reconciliations and cash counts are properly documented; payments are properly authorized and supported, established cash “in hand” limits are respected, cash is held safe and secured;
3. Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on monthly basis. Also monitor that, staff travel and loan accounts are reconciled regularly. Overdue outstanding amounts are investigated and settled as per required time lines. Disputed amounts are brought to the attention of supervisor and recommend solutions;
4. Closely monitor and ensure that ARO sends out necessary debit/credit notes to HQ and country offices on timely basis and with necessary coding information and supporting documents. Also, to monitor that cross charges received from other office are processed efficiently and accurately;
5. Reconcile current accounts on monthly basis. Disputed issues are reported to supervisor with recommended solutions;
6. Manage common costs (including rentals, phone, refreshment, internet etc) allocation to cost centers, projects, hosting organization. Keep the allocations sheet updated incorporating necessary changes when applicable.;
7. Ensure adherence to the prevailing accounting policies and procedures by educating junior finance staff, giving necessary guidance to other relevant (non-finance) staff and setting up strong system of checks and balances.
8. Ensure that IUCN-HQ’s requirements in respect to month-end, mid-year and year-end closing and other requirements of reporting etc are met within timely manner;
9. Coordinate with HR, Admin and other program units on finance related matters and provide them necessary guidance and support;
10. Provide various reports and information to Finance Manager from NAV system and other sources when needed.
11. Provide necessary support in facilitation of internal and external audits and reviews
12. Provide support to the Regional Team (Head of Finance and Regional Finance Officer) when need be.
1. Review daily funds position and ensure sufficient funds are available in relevant bank accounts. Ensure no payment instructions are made against bank accounts where funds are insufficient. Liaise with project accountant/program manager to ascertain project cash needs;
2. Assist Finance Manager in preparation of cash requests to HQ Assist Finance Manager in raising donor invoices.
1. Process monthly payroll on time; review changes, adjustment and deduction thereto.
2. Ensure that confidentiality of payroll information is maintained. Pay slips to staff are provided on monthly basis.
3. Provide information to Finance Manager from NAV system and from other sources when needed.
1. Ensure that the fixed asset register is properly maintained in FA module of ERP;
2. Reconcile depreciation and Fixed Assets values in the general ledgers with the reports from the Fixed Asset module of ERP, process monthly deprecation journal. Ensure variations, if any, are identified and rectified;
3. Liaise and assist Administration in undertaking physical stock take of assets ( at least once a year) and reconciliation of asset with FA register;
4. Carry out any other relevant task required by, and mutually agreed with, the line manager.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 16 April 2019
Applicants are requested to apply online through the IUCN HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.
Contact : https://hrms.iucn.org/iresy/index.cfm?event=vac.show&vacId=4007&lang=en
24 May 2019