Organization : USAID Clean Power Asia by Abt Associates Inc.
Type : Other / อื่นๆ
Date : 1 Apr 2019
View : 668
Deadline : 19 / April / 2019
(Full-Time Staff Position)
USAID Clean Power Asia Program, Bangkok-based
Abt Associates’ International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation, and international development seeks qualified individuals to fulfill the position of Communications Specialist for the USAID Clean Power Asia program.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to a high performing, low carbon power sector. The program assists the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and helps establish an effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously mobilizing public- and private-sector investment in renewable energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass from agricultural residues. The program focuses on the Lower Mekong including Lao PDR, Thailand, and Vietnam, and also includes activities on a regional level in support of RE development among ASEAN member states.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the production of technical reports, special reports, factsheets, brochures, and other collateral.
- Design, produce, and disseminate fact sheets, project overviews, topic summaries, weekly newsletters and develop success stories.
- Assist in the production of regular progress reports including quarterly and annual reports and annual work plans.
- Prepare and submit to USAID biweekly Front Office updates with details of implementation progress and/or achievements.
- Develop and disseminate a weekly email news digest of carefully curated articles.
- Develop background documents and toolkits to support communication activities, including social media toolkits for USAID and event talking points.
- Develop and ensure timely submission of project success stories.
- Lead production of videos as needed.
- Assist with the tracking of all communications team activities and proposed activities
- Assist with stakeholder outreach by planning and writing content for media, social media, and events.
- Work with task leads to prepare communication and outreach material, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text.
- Prepare and produce content for monthly electronic newsletter, including drafting articles and all final formatting and edits.
- Preparation and production of briefing materials on the program as needed/requested
- Create and edit PowerPoint presentations, video scripts, and web pages.
- Work with technical experts and other staff to write, edit, and prepare content for various media and outlets.
- Manage program website, including posting open jobs, news articles, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field required; Master’s degree highly desired.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience in one or more of the following or related fields: public/media relations, journalism, advertising, and/or writing.
- Level 4 English language skills, both oral and written, is required. Proficiency in at least one local language of the Lower Mekong countries preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or communications campaign management.
- Website management skills and/or experience with web based content management systems.
- Experience in social media writing and campaign management.
- Knowledge of and experience using graphic/editorial design programs (Adobe Creative Suite. MS Office).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with USAID (and/or other international donors) and knowledge of USAID programs and practices desired.
- Previous experience creating and implementing strategic communications strategies, including social media campaigns.
- High level of competence in writing and editing reports and other technical communications.
- Ability to adapt strategic communications principles to a wide variety of external communications challenges.
- Experience with Google Drive and web-based program; experience with other software programs (MailChimp, Insightly, Adobe).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
The deadline for submission is Friday, April 19, 2019 and interested candidates may express their interest by applying on-line at: https://www.abtassociates.com/careers. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Failure to provide the required information may result in your application being removed from consideration. To be complete, your application MUST INCLUDE the following information:
- A written Expression of Interest summarizing your qualifications for the position. The expression of interest must address each of the preferred skills/prerequisites AND minimum qualifications.
- Resume or CV clearly indicating work/consulting history and either daily consulting rate or annual compensation for each consultancy/position, stated in currency of payment.
- US Federal Form 1420 (EBD) https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17
Please be prepared to provide upon request proof of education and/or degree attained (transcript or diploma) and proof of annual salary or daily consulting rate as stated in the EBD (acceptable forms include employment agreement, pay stubs, employer verification letter).
Due to the volume of anticipated applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled as warranted and may be conducted in person or via electronic means. Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce and provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Contact : email@example.com