Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Apr 2019
View : 543
Deadline : 16 / April / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Nurse
Duty Station : Mae Sot, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G5), (THB 74,905.75 per month)
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed-Term Contract, 12 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 April 2019
Reference Code : VN016/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Physician and Chief Nurse in Bangkok, and the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief Nurse in Mae Sot the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Resettlement Health Assessment Programmes. In particular, she/he will:
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Particularly, he/she will carry out the following duties:
- Assist the Chief Nurse and the Deputy Chief Nurse to organize activities related to the Refugee Health Assessment programme including:
- Participate in laboratory screening for HIV, Syphilis, HBsAg, Urinalysis, pregnancy test and other as may be required by Refugee Health Assessment programme.
- Conduct vaccination as required by the country of resettlement.
- Perform medical examination (e.g. checking vital signs, weight, height, vision and history collection).
- Perform identification of clients at all steps of medical process.
- Assist in managing medical documents and the filing process for refugees.
- Provide HIV pre-counselling before medical screening and post-counselling, if needed.
- Provide and monitor DOTS for TB patients with appropriate reporting activities in compliance with SOPs.
- Provide TB education for patients and family members as well as assistance in completing TB-related documents.
- Monitor and implement follow up procedures for cases with SMC and on medical holds for additional investigations.
- Control inventory and supply of medications, vaccines and other disposables.
- Coordinate with partners and counterparts including hospitals, UN agencies and other departments/units within IOM.
- Perform pre-departure checks and report them according to the SOPs.
- Perform weekend duties and participate in the surveillance, if required.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Valid license to practice medicine (nursing) in Thailand.
- At least three years of experience in clinical practice; excellent technical skills, including phlebotomy and immunization.
- Experience in TB treatment monitoring (DOTS).
- Experience in immunization activities.
- Willingness to work in a camp setting under difficult circumstances; must be able to travel extensively; willing to work in shifts, including on weekends.
- Good team player with the capacity to work independently; commitment and capability to work under intensive pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds; Respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Understanding of complex socio-political environments.
- Computer/software literate, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Fluency in English and Thai are required. Knowledge of Burmese, Karen or Karenni are a strong asset.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by April 16, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code VN016/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.04.2019 to 16.04.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org