Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Apr 2019
View : 514
Deadline : 16 / April / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Finance Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G5)
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed-Term Contract, 12 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 April 2019
Reference Code : VN019/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Bangkok and the direct supervision of Head of Resource Management Unit, the incumbent will perform the following assignments and responsibilities:
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Particularly, he/she will carry out the following duties:
- Guide, train and provide consultation to finance staff on preparation and maintenance of the accounts, including payment and disbursement processes; provide consultation and assistance to relevant staff in sub-offices and provide training as necessary.
- Assist the Head of Resource Management Department in preparing the yearly mission budget package and financial projections for the mission; assist in the monitoring of the missions’ and projects budgets.
- Verify the completion of documents submitted to the Resource Management Unit for disbursement, assist the Head of Resource Management Unit in the coordination with RAS ASIA and HQ to ensuring the mission transactions comply with rules and regulations.
- Maintain a system of staff and office costs management.
- Assist in the analysis and maintenance of (sufficient) funds at the mission.
- Coordinate with banks to ensure timely completion of disbursement processes.
- Assist in the preparation of project financial reports.
- Coordinate with project finance staff on financial, accounting, budget and reporting matters to ensure that the internal controls are in place and well-functioning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business Administration or related A master degree would be advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in management and operational project implementation, at least partly in an international working environment.
- Proven drive for results and effective financial resource management.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international environment and a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy; all MS office applications, especially Word, Excel and Power Point; knowledge of SAP an advantage.
Fluency in English and Thai are required.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code VN019/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 03.04.2019 to 17.04.2019
Contact : email@example.com