Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Apr 2019
View : 491
Deadline : 17 / April / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Junior Project Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (UG), (THB 40,000 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, with possibility of extension Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 April 2019
Reference Code : CFCV020/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and direct supervision of the Project Assistant, the successful candidate will extensively provide an administrative and logistical support to the implementation of Immigration and Border Management’s projects in IOM Thailand Country Office.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the successful implementation of capacity building trainings and Border and Migration Management Assessment activities by supporting project staffs to coordinate with government stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Assistant in organizing capacity building trainings and multi-stakeholder meetings, which include, but not limited to, liaising with training venues and government counterparts on administrative and logistical arrangement.
- Support the Project Assistant in liaising with government stakeholders by scheduling meetings and preparing meeting materials.
- Liaise with in-house operational support (Procurement, Finance, Operations, and HR units) in term of administrative and financial issues e.g. Travel Authorization, Purchase Requisition, Payment Request, etc.
- Provide translation of documents and other communications/materials as required.
- Support to the unit reporting through drafting training reports upon the completion of training events and ensure the project factsheet is up to date.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Be either students approaching the end of their studies, recently graduated or University Degree in international relations, political science, social science, or relevant field.
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment and respect diversity.
- Working experience or knowledge in migration issues for non‐governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions is a strong asset.
- Proven written and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to produce quality work to set deadlines.
- Team work oriented but with a capacity to work independently.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- English (Fluent) and Thai.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code CFCV020/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from thailand.iom.int);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 03.04.2019 to 17.04.2019
Contact : email@example.com