Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Apr 2019
View : 779
Deadline : 21 / April / 2019
TITLE: Project Officer - PROCEED
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
Save the Children work to protect children from abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence by targeting at-risk children on the move and strengthening child protection systems, ensuring all children access to basic services, and advocating for children’s rights. We work with the Thai government to ensure the implementation of international standards. Through our programmes, children receive recovery support, safe family settings, and participate in processes on issues affecting their lives.
Promoting Rural Opportunities for Children’s Empowerment, Education and Development (PROCEED) aims to prevent children from being involved in hazardous labour, exploitation, and other abuses, working in coordination with local protection- and education mechanisms.
This role will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of the project which is being led by the Project Coordinator.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator - PROCEED
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The role will require supporting project implementation.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project Officer Role within Project Structure
- Support the Project Coordinator in ensuring successful delivery of the project objectives
- Understand the project work plan and manage the project effectively
- Inform Project Coordinator of progress of work and deliverables, keeping her/him up to speed of any issues, risks or potential delays
- Support with completion of progress reports to feed into donor report
- Proactively identify and support mitigation of project risks and issues
- Take part in and support the key project meetings e.g. project team meetings, partner meetings, workshops with various stakeholders etc.
- Liaise with other projects and PDQ team as relevant
- Successfully complete tasks which are delegated to the Project Officer by the Project Coordinator
- Complete structured and rigorous analysis as delegated by the Project Coordinator
- Support and contribute to project advocacy initiatives
- Monitor project progress and quality; and report on project as a core part of continuous learning throughout the project lifetime
Project Content Delivery (shared with Project Manager)
- Support with project design and development
- Collect data and evidence for policy advocacy
- Support with communication and coordination with project partners and key stakeholders
- Complete any other ad hoc tasks which fall under the scope of the PROCEED Project
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleague members and external
Partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree on social science or relevant area
- Experience in working in NGO Sector
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of working in project environments and supporting the successful delivery of projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Some experience in using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
- Strong communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, together with the ability to influence and motivate others
- The role will involve liaison with a wide range of people and will require a proven track record in dealing with people at all levels with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to remain objective/neutral
- Ability to resolve issues swiftly and decisively whilst safeguarding standards and procedures
- Work experience in one or more of the following issues: trafficking in children, sexual exploitation, statelessness, child protection system, child rights and child protection with children
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: 21 April 2019
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Project Officer - PROCEED_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”