Organization : The Hospitality & Catering Training Centre (HCTC)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Apr 2019
View : 962
Deadline : 8 / May / 2019
The Hospitality & Catering Training Centre (HCTC) is a partnership between : IECD (European Institute of Cooperation And Development) and TBCAF (Tak Border Children Assistance Foundation).
HCTC is a non-profit organization dedicated to underprivileged children and their employment through training in hospitality professions.
We are currently looking for a person to be based in
Mae Sot, Tak Province, THAILAND to work as a :
The Educator Assistant is responsible for the pedagogical organization of the day to day life at the HCTC. She/he supports the Pedagogical Manager to act as an intermediate between the students and the teaching staff, by communicating directly and closely with both parties. She/he ensures the program is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively. She/he organises the day to day Training Centre / dormitory life, as well as out-of-school activities. She/he reports to the educator, the candidate will interact with the 70 students, 10 other team members, local partners and customers of the vocational restaurant.
MAIN DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
TEACHING & TUTORING:
- Elaboration of the personal development and general education framework
- Assist the educator, School Director in the implementation of HCTC training and academic affairs particularly:
- coordination, management and instruction of General Education (Life skills), English, as well as Tutoring activities. She/he will assist the educator and school director in the routinely control and evaluation of key performance indicators.
- tutor students for supporting their success in general studies (Kosono, Technical college of Mae Sot)
- Teach life skills subjects such as Self-Care, Identity & Culture, Communication skills, Professional integration. Coordinate with local partners and organise activities
- Elaboration of teaching plans, student's evaluation & attendance, weekly, monthly and semester reports, ...
STUDENT AFFAIRS & ALUMNI’S:
- Participate in all operations related to the well being of the center and the academic as well as personal success of the students:
- Proceed to the recruitment of the students including a thorough evaluation of the families’ incomes.
- Manages students concerns (sensitization, recruitments, internships, follow-up during and after studies, job integration, alumni…)
- Implement the personal development activities for students including Life skills and activities.
- Support to manages the dormitory: guides and support the dormitory manager on the whole organization of the students.
- Create and Maintain Students Database and coordinate the individual monthly one on one meetings with all students
- Act as a social worker and accompany and support students in all their personal issues and life aspects
INSTITUTIONAL - EXTERNAL – COMMUNICATION
- Dynamize and maintain institutional relationship at the local and national level: Ministry of Labor, OVEC, consulates, embassies, local companies…)
- Participating and coordinating the sensitization actions in the Karen villages
- Develop relationship with the families
- Developing the links with communities in Mae Sot and outside
- Assist the educator manager in directing and coordinating school awareness activities with instructors and students at HCTC and with outside partners
- Participate in the representation of HCTC in the local community, conferences, meetings, schools, professional establishments
- Report writing to the Director, Database follow up…
LIFE & WORK :
- Great ambiance in the school with dedicated and motivated students. Great facilities of international level.
- You will have the satisfaction of helping others and giving chances to underprivileged youth to develop and find a job.
- Mae Sot is at the border of Myanmar with and international airport, nearby are mountains, waterfalls and many outdoor activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Education / Psychology / Social welfare related field.
- At least two year working experience as a teacher or proven experience as pedagogical / social worker.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Thai. Karen is a plus.
- Computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Pack).
- Ability to demonstrate fair and consistent behavior towards students.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with other schools and partners.
- Flexible: ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously.
- Familiar with multi-cultural working environment
- Salary according to experience. Meals while on duty.
- Coaching and training on a punctual & regular basis by experts and experienced professionals (national & internationals).
Send CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : email@example.com